+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Play Offs

Agree tonight needs a performance a big one. Title gone but so could play offs. Guven St Mirren getting better, Dundee would be a nightmare i suppose unless we suddenly become good a freefall hamilton with a plastic pitch im not even sure we would give them a game. Prove us wrong tonight!!

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Think we could easily finish 10th 11th or 12th,next few games massive for us.I would be pretty confident winning a play off against United but that is only based on what few times I have watched them and they have been terrible.
    The winners would be estatic the losers wud be praying the yanks stick around!!

You have looked great on TV anytime I have seen you....

All those wins this season, dens the fortress (for away sides), the way you dominated those championship sides all in the cups

Impressive, I understand the confidence (despite more pressure being on the fun I like the bravado)

Until we actually reach the stage of play off final then it's not a real concern who finishes 11th

However all we have to go on is that we went to Paisley last month and were cruising 2-0 going on 4/5 until we went a man down, then a deflection got them back into it

I don't get that because we have lost a last gasp goal in lost two games that means we should be any more or less confident about facing a St Mirren or
    Dundee, I for one don't see them as any stronger than an in form ICT, and Partick like Falkirk are no mugs since they made all those signings either

Going tonight but not bothered about the result. I just know that we have 4 games in 12 days where i dont think the players have the ability or the balls to take the required 12 points that might just set up a grandstand finish.

Its either put the pressure on County, or capitulate to ICT and Dunfermline!

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    You have looked great on TV anytime I have seen you....

All those wins this season, dens the fortress (for away sides), the way you dominated those championship sides all in the cups

Impressive, I understand the confidence (despite more pressure being on the fun I like the bravado)
    No bravado and no extra pressure on us if the derby play off was a scenario.Both clubs have had horrendous seasons based on the respective budgets I just happen to think we would prevail.

Definitely, you could prevail and could just as easily lose

However absolutely no way more pressure on us, nice try though in deelusional thinking, you are the team with more to lose regardless of who you played if you finish 11th, you lose you are relegated and swap places, it's not promotion or bust for us now under Ogren so if we don't go up then we can strengthen on what we did in January and be strong from the start next season, not something we had this season, whereas relegation causes a lot of upheaval and changes everything, continues the yo yo years

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Definitely, you could prevail and could just as easily lose

However absolutely no way more pressure on us, nice try though in deelusional thinking, you are the team with more to lose regardless of who you played if you finish 11th, you lose you are relegated and swap places, it's not promotion or bust for us now under Ogren so if we don't go up then we can strengthen on what we did in January and be strong from the start next season, not something we had this season, whereas relegation causes a lot of upheaval and changes everything, continues the yo yo years
    Not really,if we go down we deserve to go down just like you boys did.Extra pressure on us why?
    You have no guarantee you would get up the next year and also no real proof how committed your American really is.
    Our owners are not perfect but are backing the club and have since being here.
    On a personal note the fizzy pop ain't too bad.😎

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)