+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 60 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Is Brexit a dead duck?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    That wasn't the problem, it is the way parliament's behaved since the referendum is the problem.
    It was the problem. There was absolutely no clarity on what the term 'Brexit' actually meant at the time of the vote, and nearly three years later there is still no clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It was the problem. There was absolutely no clarity on what the term 'Brexit' actually meant at the time of the vote, and nearly three years later there is still no clarity.
    And whose fault is that?

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    No deal by default doesn't need to "win" a vote. Tonight they voted against No Deal by choice.

No Deal is the default position which happens on 12th April if no other option can find a majority.
    I realise that, what I'm saying is parliament won't allow no deal to happen by default because the overwhelming view is that it's a breathtakingly stupid idea. It will eventually come down to a choice between May's deal, revoking, or a long extension.

And whose fault is that?
    I've already told you who is at fault. It's those who made the ludicrous decision to allow the vote in the first place.

Elite is absolutely right. Yer average Joe on the street really does not have nor ever had enough knowledge or insight to make a decision of such gravity. For example, who knew way back in 2016 that Norun Iron would be such a sticking point?

I've already told you who is at fault. It's those who made the ludicrous decision to allow the vote in the first place.
    We will just have to agree to disagree because my view is it's not the referendum but parliament that are to blame.

Depends how you look at it.

If you "allow" people to vote on whether they want change or not, and they vote for change, then surely that vindicates the decision. Not allowing people to express their desire for change would be the undemocratic position.

Of course, we all know Cameron promised a referendum simply to win back UKIP supporters for the Conservatives at the General Election, arrogantly assuming that winning a Remain vote would still be a walk in the park. That was the ludicrous calculation!
    Last edited by jackal2; 27-03-2019 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Elite is absolutely right. Yer average Joe on the street really does not have nor ever had enough knowledge or insight to make a decision of such gravity. For example, who knew way back in 2016 that Norun Iron would be such a sticking point?
    Norun Iron??????? Are you on the bottle Sid

We will just have to agree to disagree because my view is it's not the referendum but parliament that are to blame.
    So when you cast your vote on 23rd June 2016, what were your views on the backstop?

To be fair, Norun Iron has been a sticking point throughout my lifetime!

It would drive anyone to drink!

Page 60 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast