+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi Final v The Great Unwashed/Victim FC

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Because we can't afford the Motherwell youngsters.
    And the one who is coming out of contract, Hastie, is already attracting English clubs, so treble what we'd pay.
    Turnbull has just signed a new contract, so you're looking at say 500k minimum maybe?

I agree with the principle though - predominantly, but not exclusively, youth is the way to go.

The scouting is a bane of mine - the perennial trawling of overly expensive lower league English based players is myopic and lazy.
    No question that our scouting is sh1te. Pinpointing Joe Shocknessesy, and Curtis Main for example, is simply lazyness in the extreme. Why can't we source guys like Louis Moult for example, without having to then shell out £500K for him, before his career takes off?

You could argue that Shay Logan, Joe Lewis, Kenny McLean counter my arguement, but for every one of the above, there are triple that would align to my arguement (Taylor, O'Connor, a multitude of goalies, Zola, Wylde, off the tap of ma heid)

I wonder if yesterday was a tipping point in DM's time here. The way he reacted to the Tims, his after match comments etc etc. Time will tell.

Count back 12 months, trudging up Cathcart Rd after the Well semi final debacle, and DM's comments then about recruitment. If anything, his recruitment has got worse since.

Quote Originally Posted by ohno View Post
    We played an almost fully fit Celtic team with a team minus 4 or 5 of our better players. The bench summed the situation up. We still had a bit of shape until the sending off but geezo it caved in after that.
    They were missing their first choice keeper, their 2 first choice centre halves & their main striker of the last 4-5 years, plus had a half fit Rogic on the bench. Hardly almost fully fit.

Clearly the players we had missing had a far larger effect on us due to the paucity of our squad depth, but the fact we didn't lay a glove on that defence is a sad indictment of our setup and tactics. Pathetic s'hitebagging from the first minute.

That c'unt Gleeson should as a professional footballer feel ashamed of himself today. The fact DM felt the need to rely on two ****agers in the middle of the park against Brown & McGregor rather than him tells us everything we need to know about his application, effort & commitment.

He'd better be out the f'uckin door this summer for a start - along with plenty others...

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post

Lewis Ferguson's two footed lunge was also disgraceful way to treat his teammates leaving them with 9 v 11 for 20+ minutes.

They both sold the jerseys and you can't help but wonder if they took their Sevco affiliations on the park whilst wearing the red.

If so, the pair of them can get tae f@ck in my mind...
    Agree Ball was reckless especially being on a yellow that he should not have been on.
    But your statement relating to ferguson getting to fk is ludicrous min, he's a young boy (yes it was a stupid challenge and a straight red ever day of the week) but to suggest he took and hun affiliations onto the park is bonkers min.
    Young Lewis Ferguson has been outstanding this season and is a bright shining light in an otherwise extremely dark season.

Not to fussed about Ball staying of going but we need another 10 similar attitude players to lewis ferguson

SF

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post

They were missing their first choice keeper, their 2 first choice centre halves & their main striker of the last 4-5 years, plus had a half fit Rogic on the bench. Hardly almost fully fit.

Clearly the players we had missing had a far larger effect on us due to the paucity of our squad depth, but the fact we didn't lay a glove on that defence is a sad indictment of our setup and tactics. Pathetic s'hitebagging from the first minute.

That c'unt Gleeson should as a professional footballer feel ashamed of himself today. The fact DM felt the need to rely on two ****agers in the middle of the park against Brown & McGregor rather than him tells us everything we need to know about his application, effort & commitment.

He'd better be out the f'uckin door this summer for a start - along with plenty others...
    Its not saying much for our reserve full backs either then.

Quote Originally Posted by ohno View Post
    Its not saying much for our reserve full backs either then.
    Nope - our squad depth is s'hite, pretty much non existent.

Dom Ball at right back tells you everything you need to know really - along with having to rely on young Campbell with Ferguson in the middle. Stewart out wide again too ffs.

Why did we even bother with this lad Halford?

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Agree Ball was reckless especially being on a yellow that he should not have been on.
    But your statement relating to ferguson getting to fk is ludicrous min, he's a young boy (yes it was a stupid challenge and a straight red ever day of the week) but to suggest he took and hun affiliations onto the park is bonkers min.
    Young Lewis Ferguson has been outstanding this season and is a bright shining light in an otherwise extremely dark season.

Not to fussed about Ball staying of going but we need another 10 similar attitude players to lewis ferguson

SF
    Aye, you're probably right with regards Fergie...I was irritated about the match and I remembered him saying that some of his 'staunch' pals were going to be in our end cheering him on. Therefore, I was envisioning him diving into one of them to impress his pals.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Aye, you're probably right with regards Fergie...I was irritated about the match and I remembered him saying that some of his 'staunch' pals were going to be in our end cheering him on. Therefore, I was envisioning him diving into one of them to impress his pals.
    What a stupid comment.

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    What a stupid comment.
    What a stupid challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Some fan you are. Maybe when we leaves you'll finally spell his name properly.

#BottomRed
    Its so hard to know when he has so many pseudonyms in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    So none then. Thanks for that
    Ignorance is bliss Mason.
    You have yet to change my oerception

Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast