+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can we survive

Can we survive

Yet another season in the moneybags league lads.. It's a Phookin miracle that we have survived so long as it is..Surely the bubble will burst before long or will we keep amazing all those pundits who keep calling us a small club..

Whatever er happens next season,it's been a great ride so far..Long may it continue.Just hope the board will buy a couple of really good players for next season as well.

Top ten finish next season Alf. No European sojourn to contend with, we are already safe in mid-April, we can have a good pre-season with a bit of wheeling and dealing and we might win a cup as well!

You've done very well Alf, and I told you there was nowt to worry about didnt I, about a month ago now.
    However, Dyche was almost out of the door a while back wasnt he!.

Yes, we can, provided Dwight stays fit and we don't sell him.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    You've done very well Alf, and I told you there was nowt to worry about didnt I, about a month ago now.
    However, Dyche was almost out of the door a while back wasnt he!.
    There was never any chance whatsoever that Sean Dyche would be sacked Acido. Read what you want, but any suggestion of him being sacked was just media inspired hogwash!

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Yet another season in the moneybags league lads.. It's a Phookin miracle that we have survived so long as it is..Surely the bubble will burst before long or will we keep amazing all those pundits who keep calling us a small club..

Whatever er happens next season,it's been a great ride so far..Long may it continue.Just hope the board will buy a couple of really good players for next season as well.
    Going to take some real investment I think Alf ,

The league never stands still but this year, we did ( if you looked at it correctly we went backwards ).
    However we got away with it , we’re going to need lucky charms if we think we can keep doing that every year.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Going to take some real investment I think Alf ,

The league never stands still but this year, we did ( if you looked at it correctly we went backwards ).
    However we got away with it , we’re going to need lucky charms if we think we can keep doing that every year.
    Fulham spunked £150 million and look what happened to them? Top ten finish next season for us - no bother whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Fulham spunked £150 million and look what happened to them? Top ten finish next season for us - no bother whatsoever.
    I like your optimism BT but trust when I say we have done brilliant to survive this time, without decent investment we will be hovering around the bottom of this league next year.

I love it in this league against the best of the best but I wouldn’t like to be like we are now every year,
    We’re a decent side that needs a real shake up and cleansing, if we’re going to compete at this level - we are one paced and it’s slow not quick and this game doesn’t allow that.

We need to find quite a lot of new players and get it done as quick as possible so they can gel pre - season.

Sorry to disagree with you army88. Tarkowski and Mee, Wood and Barnes, Cork and Westwood, Taylor and McNeil have all gelled in perfect partnerships and gives the team a real spine. IF we could bring Trippier home and get him playing with JBG we will have a very, very strong starting eleven with either Tom or Popeye between the sticks!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Sorry to disagree with you army88. Tarkowski and Mee, Wood and Barnes, Cork and Westwood, Taylor and McNeil have all gelled in perfect partnerships and gives the team a real spine. IF we could bring Trippier home and get him playing with JBG we will have a very, very strong starting eleven with either Tom or Popeye between the sticks!
    It’s not enough Bt, we need pace and width desperately,

Jbg flatters to deceive and can’t stay fit - he’s a decent footballer when he turns up and plays bit lightweight truth be told,( hides in games as well ).
    McNeil was a gift from god for Dyche or we d be down now.
    Plus I’m in agreement to a point with your list above however it’s a lot of players short of a squad that can compete every week at this level.

Plus injuries suspensions etc etc.

And there is a chance we’ll lose players when the transfer frenzy starts , I don’t know what Taylor’s contract is but I’d get him on an extended deal now he’s our most improved and consistent performer the second half of the season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)