+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheffield's loss of form

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    All your comments are well taken. The other point i tried to make but didnt clarify is that its virtually impossible to predict form these last few weeks. Sheffield united did not concede a goal in 7 matches then concede 3 at home to bristol city which is not a free scoring team. On our part we have bamford who has not put a shot on target from outside the box or with his head, scoring from 20 yards and heading home against Preston. He follows up with missing a sitter from 6 yards against wednesday. Speculating on form is just too tough. I can tell you that wigan have won 1 game all season away from home but that doesnt comfort me.
    No problems with anything you say here. Dead right it is too difficult to predict! And probably why everything has to fall our way...just in case for some strange reason we don't win all 4 games!

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    As with the previous post, spot on.
    Wasn't looking for a chance to dig at you. But you seem to be having an each way bet with this. We are now back in front of them...but a couple of games back we weren't. Was then out of our hands??? Please don't tell me you weren't worried about Blunts results also at that point?

Truly remarkable human being... Can backtrack on any comment to find another meaning.for saying it!...haha. Always! Don't worry, I think I have seen enough responses to you from others on here to say I'm not alone in that opinion. Cheer up pal...hopefully we can all smile at the end of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Wasn't looking for a chance to dig at you. But you seem to be having an each way bet with this. We are now back in front of them...but a couple of games back we weren't. Was then out of our hands??? Please don't tell me you weren't worried about Blunts results also at that point?

Truly remarkable human being... Can backtrack on any comment to find another meaning.for saying it!...haha. Always! Don't worry, I think I have seen enough responses to you from others on here to say I'm not alone in that opinion. Cheer up pal...hopefully we can all smile at the end of this.
    In our hands, not in our hands, spending time pontificating and speculating about what others might or might not do is a waste of time and energy, never said anything contrary to that position. Not backtracking one bit, as there is nothing to backtrack from. We accept the results from other important matches just as we accept those in which Leeds play, some we like, some we don't but there is f00k all any of us can do about either and sure as hell no good in analysing who might or might not play in this match or that (unless they are direct competitors and we know how assiduous Bielsa in his analysis of opponents), it's a waste if time.

Wigan = fighting for survival so beware
    Ipswich = should have all but given up but may want to go out on a high so beware
    Brentford = safe and nothing to prove, should be a winner but they are still new to the league and would love to beat us so beware
    Aston Villa = hopefully safefully in the play offs when we meet them and saving their energy - but on form so BEWARE.

Mr B and player four wins please and note no relying on anyone else dropping points.

In our hands, not in our hands, spending time pontificating and speculating about what others might or might not do is a waste of time and energy, never said anything contrary to that position. Not backtracking one bit, as there is nothing to backtrack from. We accept the results from other important matches just as we accept those in which Leeds play, some we like, some we don't but there is f00k all any of us can do about either and sure as hell no good in analysing who might or might not play in this match or that (unless they are direct competitors and we know how assiduous Bielsa in his analysis of opponents), it's a waste if time.
    You know what? I agree with what you are saying about not being able to do anything about other results!...and not worth dissecting! But my original point that you are swaying from is that they all do count...whether we want to acknowledge them or not! And that we shouldn't write off Sheffield...which was initially why I posted!

You know what? I agree with what you are saying about not being able to do anything about other results!...and not worth dissecting! But my original point that you are swaying from is that they all do count...whether we want to acknowledge them or not! And that we shouldn't write off Sheffield...which was initially why I posted!
    They all count, obviously, and I have never suggested we should "write off Sheffield", we can't and we shouldn't, but neither can we do anything about the results they might get.

They all count, obviously, and I have never suggested we should "write off Sheffield", we can't and we shouldn't, but neither can we do anything about the results they might get.
    Whatever.....

Whatever.....
    Yeah, whatever!!

100% agree. It's in our hands, and spending even a millisecond on considering what Sheffield or anyone else will do in their games is wasted effort.
    *******s to that I'll have my abacus out and be tuning into their games.

It is bloody exciting and worrying about other teams makes it x1000 more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    *******s to that I'll have my abacus out and be tuning into their games.

It is bloody exciting and worrying about other teams makes it x1000 more fun.
    How dare you contradict the messiah....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)