+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Killie Roll call match thread and sh1t

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I agree,someone in the mould of Clarke would be good.

Unfortunately Milne doesn’t go for managers like that because he doesn’t like to upset his boardroom chums at Celtic and the Huns.
    Correct.
    He’d likely appoint someone “safe” & in a similar mould.
    Tommy Wright for example.

Thing is most of us think Milne will be gone if and when the stadium is delivered. Another couple of top three / four finishes until then isn’t disastrous but will be difficult to attain given the squad overhaul

Back to yesterday's game
    I think it is only fair to give a decent mention to Stephen Gleeson.
    Think there finally might be something there and will be good to see him get a run in the closing 4 games of the season.
    Special mention for him at the Kirk Broadfoot sending off incident as he is seen pulling the donkey away from the scene who at that time was already lucky to still be on the park, well done Gleeson
    As I say would like to see him get a run out for the remainder of the season,

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    Optician , heal thyself

Yasssss Min

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I’m sure you said you enjoyed going to the football when Skovdhal was in charge,others have said they enjoyed going to the football when McGhee was in charge.

The football under both of those managers was as boring as it is now,the only difference is we win more games now than we did under McGhee and Skovdhal,possibly combined.

Maybe the happy clappers are smart enough to realise this is as good as it gets under Milne, I used to be pro McInnes as you know but now I wouldn’t be bothered if he left at the end of this season.

What I do know is there is more of a chance it will get worse than better when McInnes leaves because Milne has a history of making terrible appointments,McInnes gets dogs abuse on here yet he is the best manager in Milnes tenure.

That tells you all you need to know.
    This sums up my thoughts pretty well too. We did play some pretty good stuff under McInnes in previous seasons - when we had Hayes and McGinn in peak form and even recent seasons with McLean and Christie - it was positive, attacking, good to watch. This season has been horrible to watch, just trying to grind out points through long ball tactics and hoping we get something from set pieces etc. It's primarily down to bad recruitment. Some of the guys we've lost have been hard to replace, but we've really made a mess of trying to do it. In the last couple of seasons you could count the number of decent signings (either permanent or loan) on 1 or 2 fingers, never mind one hand! This doesn't inspire much confidence for next season. However, I agree that McInnes is by far the best appointment Milne has made and the likelihood is that he'll stuff up the next appointment, so things probably aren't going to get much better. I think there needs to be more investment behind the scenes as well - particularly in our scouting operations - our signings are all predictable. Surely we can do better.

Langfield Syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Back to yesterday's game
    I think it is only fair to give a decent mention to Stephen Gleeson.
    Think there finally might be something there and will be good to see him get a run in the closing 4 games of the season.
    Special mention for him at the Kirk Broadfoot sending off incident as he is seen pulling the donkey away from the scene who at that time was already lucky to still be on the park, well done Gleeson
    As I say would like to see him get a run out for the remainder of the season,
    I'm struggling to remember anything else Gleeson did all day. To be fair the ball was getting blootered over his head in both directions for most of the game. I'm pretty sure he'll be off in the summer, but we'd be as well playing him considering we've paid him to do nothing all year.

Can Anderson play for us once the pars season finishes?

Quote Originally Posted by ohno View Post
    Can Anderson play for us once the pars season finishes?
    Think he can only play for the reserve team (whatever it is called now).

Don't understand the love for Clarke. Yes he's improved Killie, but he hasn't won anything yet, hasn't been to a final, finished below Aberdeen last year, currently below Aberdeen this year, has only beaten a McInnes team once so far (thanks Craig Thompson). What am I missing?

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast