+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: AH Twitter account

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    How good are you at maths Driller? The figures tell their own story.

It has been painfully obvious, to even the hard of thinking, what has happened here. In simple terms: The money that has gone into Notts came from "other businesses", not much, if any from private/personal sources. (Or do you want/need exact figures?). Consequently, one of those businesses went belly up - you can fill in the blanks.
    From other businesses like Paragon Leisure, but if AH was the sole owner of these businesses which have now gone bust isn't it as if he effectively put the money in himself?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    From other businesses like Paragon Leisure, but if AH was the sole owner of these businesses which have now gone bust isn't it as if he effectively put the money in himself?
    That would be the case if he was a Sole Trader but these are Limited companies. Limited means they, or rather, their directors, have limited liabilities. Shareholders don't have liabilities anyway. So as these businesses were making a profit from which AH was benefitting and are now not making a profit so he isn't benefitting, the loss is being made up by not paying other people what is owed.

You can be sure that AH's pension, house etc are well protected from being touched and unless he is found guilty of gross misconduct he'll just walk away with pride hurt.

It helps if you understand that Limited Companies are entities in their own right. They are owned by shareholders, run by directors but unlike partnerships and sole traders no-one has a direct liability and it often amuses me that people feel they are better of doing business with Joe Bloggs Ltd rather than Joe Bloggs & Son.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    it often amuses me that people feel they are better of doing business with Joe Bloggs Ltd rather than Joe Bloggs & Son.
    Me too. I've always thought the big clue was in the word 'limited'

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Me too. I've always thought the big clue was in the word 'limited'
    Reminds me of my Dad, god bless him, who said the loan he had taken out was a good one because it was secured!