+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Gary Liddle

I'd take him as a centre back. I think we need more legs in midfield though.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    This thread is nuts - we already have a squad that will thrash most teams in the National league - why bring back more has-beens that were crap last time they played for us? - FFS!!!!
    This squad as it stands will most likely be turned over by most teams in the National League
    Last edited by SwalePie; 09-05-2019 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Fixed quote code

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    This squad as it stands will most likely be turned over by most teams in the National League
    There is on paper <sic> some good players under contract for next season. Whether we can afford them and whether they want to be here is a different matter. We probably need to clear 15+ players out and can probably bring in 5 or 6. Every day that goes on with a finalised sale is a day closer to us having major issues next season.

Jesus on a bike ...........NO !"
    haven't we got enough dead wood in the squad without going out and bringing more in...!
    we have more than enough oldies , can we have some young to middle-ing blood please

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    haven't we got enough dead wood in the squad without going out and bringing more in...!
    we have more than enough oldies , can we have some young to middle-ing blood please
    Like who? At centre half all of the ‘dead wood’ will be gone in a few weeks. Only Bird will be left who is at the start of his career and would learn from an older head. Brisley, Duffy and Ward all gone.
    Who do you want us to bring in? Now I am not saying I want Liddle, but I wouldn’t call him dead wood.
    Last edited by Notts78; 09-05-2019 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Davy, we don't even have the skeleton of a squad yet. I can assure you that if we are fortunate enough to kick off in the Banarama in August, the line-up will not vaguely resemble the team that took on Swindon.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Yeah, let's dismiss any player over thirty out of hand.

I mean, look at the mistake Mansfield made signing Neal Bishop.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Yeah, let's dismiss any player over thirty out of hand.

I mean, look at the mistake Mansfield made signing Neal Bishop.
    i think the problem is that for every one bishop there are 20 vaughans, there appears to be a lack of proper scouting and teams are signing players based on reputation and in their desperation to get in a 'big name signing' they skip the scouting and reporting,i'd prefer we went for a much younger squad this season,keep wages lower and work within a budget while building a decent team but it wouldn't hurt to have a couple of level headed experienced pro's in there,they just need to be checked out properly and not signed in a rush.
    you can get players in on trial preseason but that just alerts other teams to the fact that someone is available,its a tricky one, but the sign them on reputation model clearly is a lottery, mansfield got a winner this year we got a losing ticket this time.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345