+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 50 of 421 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

I'm sticking my neck out here, but Ash Taylor was a good standard centre half.

The problem was, every couple of months, he'd throw in a total Widdicombe of a performance.

And when it went for him, it went a' the gither, nae half measures.

It was odd, but if he could've eliminated those absolute brain meltdowns from hs game, he'd been a very, very good player.

Tommie Hoban must think we're the Scottish version of the Lilleshall Rehabilitation Centre. Aye, no probs Tommie, you come up here for a couple of years and we'll give you one of them comfy padded seats in the Mainer alongside all the other crocks and layabouts that Del goes shopping for...

I would take Thumb heid up here, but alas, it won't happen. It would be a good place for him to change his identity and hide for a couple of years. He would probably be another one in the Main Stand alongside Tommie though.

Hopefully Del has a couple of rabbits up his sleeve because at the moment it's sounding like we're headed for the bottom six

Ash Taylor is no better than Considine. He's an experienced player that you can't truly rely upon for consistency and leadership.

He's exactly what we don't need right now.

This window will bring in a couple of good players and a lot of dross due to the numbers we need to recruit.

Could be exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post

Hopefully Del has a couple of rabbits up his sleeve because at the moment it's sounding like we're headed for the bottom six
    What an absolute pant pishing comment.
    Without knowing who is coming in and even if we go with the list talked about, I'm confident we will be top 6.
    If were not, I'll happily join the half empty yellow stained pants crew in calling for change of management.

Anyone else think were destined for bottom 6?

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post

The problem was, every couple of months, he'd throw in a total Widdicombe of a performance.

It was odd, but if he could've eliminated those absolute brain meltdowns from hs game, he'd been a very, very good player.
    Totally agree.
    When he stuck to defending 101, he was very good.
    The issue was when there was no options in front of him and he thought he could step out of defence with the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Without knowing who is coming in and even if we go with the list talked about, I'm confident we will be top 6.
    If were not, I'll happily join the half empty yellow stained pants crew in calling for change of management.

We're definitely on the slide, even a happy clapper like you must admit that? And I'm not just talking about league position but the style of our play or rather the lack of it...

I don't think it's long before Hibs and Hearts surpass us as well as Newco...

Perhaps not bottom six but I wouldn't bet on us qualifying for our annual little stint in the Europa League qualifying rounds next season. Indeed, there's a slight chance we won't qualify this year!
    Last edited by BogBrush1903; 10-05-2019 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post

I would agree and go further and say that I wouldn't have an issue with Taylor returning...

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post

I think it very much depends on several factors, but it isn't outwith the realms of possibility. We have regressed this season and if we regress at the same rate again next season I don't think top 6 is a certainty. Celtic and Rangers will both improve and I would guess that Hearts and Hibs will be similar or will improve. Kilmarnock will very much depend on whether Steve Clarke is still at the helm - but if he is I would imagine they will be similar. You never know with teams like St Johnstone and Motherwell - they might well have good seasons.

Put it this way - for several seasons I would have confidently said that our first choice 11 (and probably our first team squad) was better than anyone's apart from Celtic. I'm not sure I could say that this season, and given the large numbers leaving it remains to be seen how we'll compare next season.

If we bring in some of the players which have been banded about, it's a downgrade on what we've been accustomed to for several seasons and puts us in a similar bracket as the likes of Hearts, Hibs etc.

I would guess we'll end up top 6 next season, but I'm less than confident that we'll be top 4 and in cup semis and finals. Our ratio of good signings is probably about 1 in 4 that we bring in (ie 1 works out very well and the other 3 are poor) - if we maintain that ratio this summer we're in trouble given that we'll be needing to take in lots of bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    We're definitely on the slide, even a happy clapper like you must admit that? And I'm not just talking about league position but the style of our play or rather the lack of it...

I don't think it's long before Hibs and Hearts surpass us as well as Newco...

Perhaps not bottom six but I wouldn't bet on us qualifying for our annual little stint in the Europa League qualifying rounds next season. Indeed, there's a slight chance we won't qualify this year!
    Hearts have talked about being above us for years since they came back up.
    Little evidence that they are improving.
    6th last year and 6th this year with a worse goal difference

Hibs finished 4th last year, qualified for Europe.
    This year their 5th and currently sitting 13 points worse off than last year with two games to go.
    They sacked their manager and have had the usual new manager bounce when Heckingbottem came in, but we'll see how improved they are next season.
    They also are in the media saying there is a massive turnover of player this summer.
    They have the potential to challenge us for sure, but little evidence as yet they are set to surpass us.

Yes, we have been poor this year and evidently regressed from the last couple of seasons.
    The recruitment has not worked out as planned / hoped for.
    I'm optimistic that we will not be as unlucky this summer than we were last year and with injuries, that said, we are losing a lot of better quality players so there is a big challange to maintain / improve our position

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    Jesus, that put a mental shiver up my back!!!!
    The same pairing that bossed our defence 9 game winning run without hardly conceding a goal I seem to remember??

Page 50 of 421 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast