+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 57 of 421 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    On the list of worst buys by AFC when factoring in wages.
    That’s another thread though.
    Paul Bernard wins that

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Paul Bernard wins that
    I would agree there,

Another waste of a wage in my book was Craig Hignett but being that we sold him on for a fee after getting him for fk all then perhaps that was some of his wages paid back to us, but at least we never paid to bring him here in the first place.

Hignett was a class above what we had at the time.
    Didn’t settle for family reasons, so a bit harsh I think to include him in this list

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    I would agree there,

Another waste of a wage in my book was Craig Hignett but being that we sold him on for a fee after getting him for fk all then perhaps that was some of his wages paid back to us, but at least we never paid to bring him here in the first place.
    He is reported to have been on around £8K per week plus a quarterly LOYALTY bonus (he lasted for six months) and was then sold on for a reported £800,000, so a net £550 to £600K profit maybe wasn't that bad!?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Hignett was a class above what we had at the time.
    Didn’t settle for family reasons, so a bit harsh I think to include him in this list
    Not sure how accurate and true the family reasons for him not settling actually were,
    Guess nobody apart from hignett himself will ever actually know the truth.
    However looking at this CV after he left boro from then till hanging up his boots he has had more clubs than many of us have had hot dinners ffs which tends to suggest to me there was more to it than just family reasons (opinions and all that)

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    It’s been about 6 years since May “scored for fun”, regrettably! He was around 20 then and in the flush of youth, likely playing without fear and high on confidence that the goals brought him. He’s now approaching 27, hardly old, but seemingly low on confidence, and I suspect that the injury is still on his mind. He’s also fitter than he was previously with us but not, I’d suggest, fitter than he once was. I suspect, given all of this, that he won’t “score for fun” ever again!?
    I think he will score for fun again in six months time when he's playing in Perthshire amateur leagues and not getting paid...

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    He might go to St Johnstone,
    He won’t score “for fun” for anyone
    He’s done.
    Ok scoring for fun is taking it a bit far but he will probably do a lot better than he has for us.

Put it like this is it a coincidence that Greg Stewart was pish for us last season,was one of the best players in the league at Kilmarnock then ends up pish again when he comes back to us?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Ok scoring for fun is taking it a bit far but he will probably do a lot better than he has for us.

Put it like this is it a coincidence that Greg Stewart was pish for us last season,was one of the best players in the league at Kilmarnock then ends up pish again when he comes back to us?
    He didn't have a preseason though.

Stevie May is a waste of a shirt which is a shame but we are stuck with him. We are replacing too many players as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    He didn't have a preseason though.

Stevie May is a waste of a shirt which is a shame but we are stuck with him. We are replacing too many players as it is.
    it will be interesting to see if Stewart goes back to his Kilmarnock form at the Huns,if he does then that shows McInnes struggles to get the best out of certain players.

I completely agree that May has been a waste of shirt,the point I was trying to make was it’s not entirely impossible that he could go to another club and do better than he has with us like Stewart has.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    it will be interesting to see if Stewart goes back to his Kilmarnock form at the Huns,if he does then that shows McInnes struggles to get the best out of certain players.

I completely agree that May has been a waste of shirt,the point I was trying to make was it’s not entirely impossible that he could go to another club and do better than he has with us like Stewart has.
    Like Rooney has, like Shankland has, like Stockley has & like Nicky f*cking Maynard has.

Page 57 of 421 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast