+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: I can't be arsed with next season thread...

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post

I can only think of going out to one team under DM that we were better seeded than.
    A team that had a previous CL winner and had spent millions on their players.
    His record in knock out tournaments I would hardly think is under achieving.
    His record in tournaments getting to finals isn’t bad. He just doesn’t try to seriously go out and win the tournament...he is happy with getting a day out at Hampden. When he leaves Aberdeen he will look back at his time with us with quite a few regrets. He only has himself to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    When he leaves Aberdeen he will look back at his time with us with quite a few regrets.
    Given where he played his career in Scotland, he may think he's done rather well to get us to where he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    Given where he played his career in Scotland, he may think he's done rather well to get us to where he did.
    I think he will believe he failed us in a few finals

"Overachieved" whilst winning phuck all...thats some achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    Begs the question. If we were punching at our actual weight where were we supposed to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Begs the question. If we were punching at our actual weight where were we supposed to be?
    Makes you think, I will let the apologists answer that one..

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    Yes. We were significantly under achieving given our resources in comparison to the other teams in the league.
    Indeed, take your pick......

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    If we’re including near relegation years as underachieving, then including years where we had our greatest success, winning leagues and European trophies certainly was over achieving

If we’re including near relegation years as underachieving, then including years where we had our greatest success, winning leagues and European trophies certainly was over achieving
    Good stuff, if you can tell me how we have overachieved recently that would be great.

"In recent years we have overachieved in the league."

When?

Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast