+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: IN the end you get the PM you deserve

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    So a polyglot automatically qualifies as a leader of a country? This nerd will be gone and forgotten by next Tuesday.

If big business took over schools, would they then all become private? Build new schools in their name only ..... yes, but who has the say in the running of such schools, financing them and making policy decisions?
    I never said it should make him leader of the country but his obvious intelligence and measured tone at least makes him worthy of a place in the starting line-up. He would be my number one choice though with the well-known typing error Jeremy Hunt as the alternative.
    God, there have been some desperate t w a t s in the field - Andrea Loathsome and the McVey woman are the Tory equivalent of Thornberry & Abbott.
    Last edited by sidders; 16-06-2019 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Is this one of those times when you say something vaguely provocative so you can cry political correctness gone mad when someone bites?

By the way for those of you who get moist about serving one's country, Rory Stewart used to be a spy in MI6 (although unlike some people he doesn't like to talk about it).
    Well, I hope he wouldn't! and if that was a dig at me, might I remind you that you once gave me a right grilling on why I didn't want my son to follow the family tradition and join the Navy. For the record, not once did I mind answering your questions

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I never said it should make him leader of the country but his obvious intelligence and measured tone at least makes him worthy of a place in the starting line-up. He would be my number one choice though with the well-known typing error Jeremy Hunt as the alternative.
    God, there have been some desperate t w a t s in the field - Andrea Loathsome and the McVey woman are the Tory equivalent of Thornberry & Abbott.

I love it how the rabid left are so worried about Boris, very soon the anti British tramp will be history, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    I love it how the rabid left are so worried about Boris, very soon the anti British tramp will be history, get over it.
    No, very soon the anti-British tramp will be Prime Minister.

Hmmmmn Sidney, a very poor description of a simile.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    No, very soon the anti-British tramp will be Prime Minister.
    No again EP ...... an English gentleman will soon be Prime Minister. An absolute fool and buffoon at times but has breeding that I'm afraid Comrade Corbyn will never have - like your thoroughbred horses, good stock always wins in the end, and you know it.

No again EP ...... an English gentleman will soon be Prime Minister. An absolute fool and buffoon at times but has breeding that I'm afraid Comrade Corbyn will never have - like your thoroughbred horses, good stock always wins in the end, and you know it.
    Are you talking about the 'English gentleman' born in New York under the very English name of Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson?

As for coming from good stock, how about "In 2009, Johnson fathered a daughter with Helen MacIntyre, an arts consultant. The child's existence was the subject of legal action in 2013 with the Court of Appeal quashing an injunction seeking to ban reporting of her existence; the judge ruled that the public had a right to know about Johnson's "reckless" behaviour".

Or maybe "In September 2018, Johnson and Wheeler issued a statement confirming that after 25 years of marriage they had separated "several months ago", and had begun the process of getting divorced after Wheeler accused him of infidelity".

You seem to be confusing 'good stock' with 'arrogant rich tosspots'.

Comrade Corbyn. Can you imagine him being in Churchill's shoes. Poland, Norway, France, etc.have all been invaded. How can we be sure Germany is responsible?, let's take a step back and try and avoid war.

Yes, Cher, I include myself in 'you, the people'. We have taken our country down all the wrong roads since 2010.
    Look at how a bunch of kids publicised the mess of climate change. So why are grown ups so submissive to the crap that's been inflicted upon them?
    Like Bohinen says, I am no fan of Corbyn. He is not the answer, whatever the question. However, he is right to insist that evidence must be shared in the public arena if military action is to be contemplated.
    And as for his time as Foreign Secretary, there is no doubt that he jumped before she pushed him so stich your trumpian epithets in a dark hole, Mr Pez.
    I think 'we the people' have taken our country down the wrong road for a lot longer. The UK has been going down hill economically, at varying rates, for over 100 years.

irony at its glorious best!!

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast