+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: IN the end you get the PM you deserve

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Oh get your tatty placard cleaned for your next 'protest' and support the slovenly, untidy, Jew hating anti British prat that says he is the voice of the workers. Rich bosses have never worked you know.
    It seems to have passed you by, but the question you were asked was "what qualities does Boris Johnson have that the members of the Newark Conservative Association so admire?".

It's quite telling that your only answer was a Soccerman-style rant about Jeremy Corbyn!

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    No one can help where they're born, but I got out at 18 and NEVER came back to the dump.
    Here are my marks out of 5 for tonight's mass debate (sorry about the spelling)
    Boris 1, Jeremy 2, Gove 1, Javid 2, Stewart 2 (best candidate but he was crap tonight) Emily Maitlis 0.5 (she was s h i t)
    What a bunch of total tossers. God help this flucking country. We are stuffed.
    If you haven't been back for 60 years how do you know it's a dump?? When I met my wife her family came from Leeds and that was a dump but it is a fine city now. Things do change,believe it or not Bulwell was a decent place in the50s/60s.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    To sum up, you don’t like it when the obfuscation and bloviation of your political heroes is challenged.
    I didn't see any of my political heroes on the screen tonight, I'm sad to say.

I don't mind seeing politicians challenged whether I like them or not, but once the question has been asked, I do expect to actually be allowed to listen to their answer, whoever it is.

As I've said above, the likes of Brian Walden 20/30 years ago showed how a political journalist should operate. He was exceptionally well-briefed, highly incisive, tenacious, but never discourteous, and he always understood that the focus of attention was the interviewee, not the interviewer. Plus, there was no hint of an agenda from him. He used to be a Labour MP, but nobody would ever have guessed from the interviews. He subjected every politician he interviewed to the same level of scrutiny.
    Last edited by jackal2; 18-06-2019 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Just watching the BBC debate and I'm beginning to think Emily Maitlis is running for PM, given the amount of times she's interrupting the candidates. One thing we know about Boris Johnson, Sajid Javid, Jeremy Hunt, Michael Gove and Rory Stewart is that they were at least elected as MPs by their respective constituencies, whatever you might happen to think of them. Journalists like Maitlis have never been elected by anyone to speak on our behalf, and yet they seem to feel entitled to chip in with their observations and speak as if they somehow represent the public's voice.
    I would take a wild guess that Maitlis had an earpiece in and was being coached. She doesn't come up with stuff herself - lots of presenters have them.
    The lovely Susanna Reid doesn't hide it very well on GMB (who cares?) and Cathy Newman's gormless expression and pause after 'Gotcha' was her director shouting 'EJECT, EJECT'.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    If you haven't been back for 60 years how do you know it's a dump?? When I met my wife her family came from Leeds and that was a dump but it is a fine city now. Things do change,believe it or not Bulwell was a decent place in the50s/60s.
    My wife's family grew up in Bulwell in the 50s/60's and my in-laws loved it there.
    They moved out after an influx/resettlement of people from another area of the city turned it into the Wild West.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Any chance you could link to a couple so I can have a look?
    No, not really - can you imagine what would happen on here - BigFat Toot and Elite Ploot would be on here all week tapping away like monkeys on typewriters. Round and round in circles we go.
    I posted some stuff on a thread on here last week - that I got from one of those sites - and it got deleted sharpish.
    A report that now, as it happens, is coming out mainstream and has got legs.

No one can help where they're born, but I got out at 18 and NEVER came back to the dump.
    Here are my marks out of 5 for tonight's mass debate (sorry about the spelling)
    Boris 1, Jeremy 2, Gove 1, Javid 2, Stewart 2 (best candidate but he was crap tonight) Emily Maitlis 0.5 (she was s h i t)
    What a bunch of total tossers. God help this flucking country. We are stuffed.
    I remember being slated by you for calling S****horpe a dump, which it is. Just saying.

.....why does it bleep out Scunny?
    Last edited by navypie; 19-06-2019 at 05:59 AM.

Never said I haven't been back. I still have relatives there. It's the small town mentality that does you in. Used to be a Labour stronghold until the map was redrawn.

Never said I haven't been back. I still have relatives there. It's the small town mentality that does you in. Used to be a Labour stronghold until the map was redrawn.
    Read your post again, you said and NEVER came back, make your mind up.

Read your post again, you said and NEVER came back, make your mind up.
    All right, fiddly man, I've never been back to live there, only to visit.

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast