+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: IN the end you get the PM you deserve

Bozo said it is 'eminently feasible' that under him we will leave by October 31st. That doesn't sound like a straight 'yes' to me so those Noo-ark Conservatives need to be asking some smart questions.

It's a chicken and egg situation: did journalists become more adversarial because politicians became more evasive or vice versa?

I don't know the answer, and maybe it's just that tv shows have changed and they have to have 7 segments in a half hour show rather than 1 or 2 because people's attention spans are shorter.

https://youtu.be/s_vTwHq1his here's the video of Rory Stewart on GMB, I don't know if I'm being biased because I like him but I thought he was trying to answer the questions and not be evasive, although when you express a complex thought you sometimes need more than one sentence to do that, and they kept interrupting him.

Anyway I think we do need public service broadcasting and to say that people can make their own minds up whether a politician is telling the truth is like saying people use fact checking websites - ie to be extremely optimistic about human nature.

The fact is that there are some politicians devious enough to launch a full scale assault on the truth (Trump for example is still talking about total exoneration) and they need to be robustly challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    No, not really - can you imagine what would happen on here - BigFat Toot and Elite Ploot would be on here all week tapping away like monkeys on typewriters. Round and round in circles we go.
    I posted some stuff on a thread on here last week - that I got from one of those sites - and it got deleted sharpish.
    A report that now, as it happens, is coming out mainstream and has got legs.
    I didn't see it nor do i remember one of your posts getting deleted but I imagine it was explosive stuff that the establishment didn't want us to see. Feel free to post it again thought I'm sure it wouldn't be deleted twice, especially if it's out in the open already.

Is this the proof of the sad lefty fake news BBC trying to pretend nobody cheered for no deal on Question Time? I hope they sacked the person who's job it is to rig the audience in favour of remain.

https://youtu.be/aO8myQF3aLQ

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    https://youtu.be/s_vTwHq1his here's the video of Rory Stewart on GMB, I don't know if I'm being biased because I like him but I thought he was trying to answer the questions and not be evasive, although when you express a complex thought you sometimes need more than one sentence to do that, and they kept interrupting him.
    He seems like a child. Can I take my tie off Sir? If you don't like wearing a tie (as an asthmatic I hate them) then have the courage of your convictions and don't wear one at all. The man would be an embarrassment representing Britain on the global stage. But then again, we're used to that over the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    He seems like a child. Can I take my tie off Sir? If you don't like wearing a tie (as an asthmatic I hate them) then have the courage of your convictions and don't wear one at all. The man would be an embarrassment representing Britain on the global stage. But then again, we're used to that over the last few years.
    Each to their own but a lot of the criticism of him seems to be about his appearance and his presumed ***uality (not in your case I know) rather than his experience and what he says, which can't be a good thing and might explain where we are today politically.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Each to their own but a lot of the criticism of him seems to be about his appearance and his presumed ***uality (not in your case I know) rather than his experience and what he says, which can't be a good thing and might explain where we are today politically.
    I don't know, but you can't pick him because he's the least offensive. I don't like any of them, so as you say, his ***uality (never occurred to me anyway) hasn't come into the equation. Probably the most unpleasant is Boris, but he's also the most likely to get things done. Bad things as well as good.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    No one can help where they're born, but I got out at 18 and NEVER came back to the dump.
    Here are my marks out of 5 for tonight's mass debate (sorry about the spelling)
    Boris 1, Jeremy 2, Gove 1, Javid 2, Stewart 2 (best candidate but he was crap tonight) Emily Maitlis 0.5 (she was s h i t)
    What a bunch of total tossers. God help this flucking country. We are stuffed.
    If you say so old lad.

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    No, not really - can you imagine what would happen on here - BigFat Toot and Elite Ploot would be on here all week tapping away like monkeys on typewriters. Round and round in circles we go.
    I posted some stuff on a thread on here last week - that I got from one of those sites - and it got deleted sharpish.
    A report that now, as it happens, is coming out mainstream and has got legs.

What, you’ve got sources, but you’re so ashamed at how stupid they are you don’t want to link to them?! Don’t worry, I worked out you got your info from stupid people long ago.

Journalists don’t correct politicians nearly enough. That’s partially why we’re in the mess we are. Johnson is still insisting there’s going to be a transition period in the event of no deal.

The bloke creates a red mist for me .........much as the Conservative party does for you. But those are our opinions aren't they? They don't count for much in the greater scope of things.

The other question ...... and by the way I am not a member of the NCA, but have friends who are, so thus I am not privy to the Associations discussions and can only go on what I am told - and at the moment Boris is the man. Of course when all the final votes are cast all over the country one of the others may get the nod.

Stewart for me was easily the least bad of a bad bunch, but what a way of picking the most important politician in the land. The only positive of a Bozo victory is that we'll get to see if Trump really will give him a great deal. The downside on that is that the NHS will form the bedrock of that deal.
    As Notts County fans, all our bad chickens have come home to roost at the same time. What did we do to deserve it?

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast