+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 2019-2020 predictions

Not sure I agree with that. Ultimately it's about the quality on the park that counts most.

Wouldn’t say St Mirren (with exception of Morgan) or County won it with any real quality. Squads mostly made up of unfashionable players, many of whom failed at Tannadice but they knew how to get the job done.

Like most things in life, nothing is ever easy. I actually think both your and I are right, it's a complicated business football.

Quote Originally Posted by Daly9 View Post
    Dundee are certainly going about things the right way. Not made any spectacular signings but they’re bringing in players who all have experience in this division and are a decent age to develop.

Biggest mistake we made after relegation was signing “Premiership” players like Flood & Obadeyi and foreign players (the 2 Dutchmen and Edge). None of them knew the league and that was exposed baldly away from home.

We were doing fine until Christmas after half of the games played, went on long unbeaten run, were ahead of hibs, were winning away from home, barely defeated at home, then we made daft changes in January and lost a couple games and never recovered...getting rid of Cammy Smith and Obadeyi mid season was stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    We were doing fine until Christmas after half of the games played, went on long unbeaten run, were ahead of hibs, were winning away from home, barely defeated at home, then we made daft changes in January and lost a couple games and never recovered...getting rid of Cammy Smith and Obadeyi mid season was stupid.
    Home form carried us (teams were coming to sit in which suited us) but away form still wasn’t good enough. By 31st December we’d played 10 on the road. Won 4, drew 3 and lost 3. Also drew twice away in league cup group before being dumped out away at Morton. Rotten.

After seeing this nonsense in the D’F’C Thomson

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/spor...mark-reynolds/

I reckon we’ve already gifted the league by laying down the “look at us” “billy big boots” mantle for every other team to use as ammunition against us! 🤬😡

If half our squad had the quality they claim to have we wouldn’t still be in the fizzy pop league. Cmon United cut this bull.... out and start thinking about fighting for every ball to get the WFDUFC back in the Premiership.

One thing United need to avoid doing is dropping stupid points to the part time teams in the league given how costly these results can be.

Since relegation more than enough points have been dropped against such opposition and poor results home or away against Dumbarton, Alloa and even a draw at a dreadfully outclassed Brechin side just is not good enough.

I am still am confident of winning the league this year however.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Baku Arab View Post
    One thing United need to avoid doing is dropping stupid points to the part time teams in the league given how costly these results can be.

Since relegation more than enough points have been dropped against such opposition and poor results home or away against Dumbarton, Alloa and even a draw at a dreadfully outclassed Brechin side just is not good enough.

I am still am confident of winning the league this year however.

So it's the play offs for United again?

All depends on what style of play Neilson has us playing.

If we set up not to get beat, like he did all season rather than go for it then we will drop points then it's the playoffs again unfortunately.

Hopefully he's not as cautious as last season and goes with 2 up top but i very much doubt it...

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    All depends on what style of play Neilson has us playing.

If we set up not to get beat, like he did all season rather than go for it then we will drop points then it's the playoffs again unfortunately.

Hopefully he's not as cautious as last season and goes with 2 up top but i very much doubt it...
    I like Robbie and really want him to be successful at the club for a number of years but he needs to show less respect to most opponents and play a much more attacking style imo

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)