+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT: new pubs coming

Typical eh? Council encourages people to live in the town centre and then allows a Sports bar to open underneath. Great news for the poor sods upstairs. Wonder if the said bar will be opening late?

...unbelievable Jeff.....

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Typical eh? Council encourages people to live in the town centre and then allows a Sports bar to open underneath. Great news for the poor sods upstairs. Wonder if the said bar will be opening late?

...unbelievable Jeff.....
    That redevelopment across from the post sorting office on Main Street is going to be the same mix.

Which was there first pub or resident? Either way I’m sure they knew and could have either not moved in near a pub or objected to the pub planners.

Plans in for another bar, also in the imperial buildings.

https://www.rothbiz.co.uk/2019/06/ne...set-to-be.html

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Thinking about it they opened two of these micro pubs right below the flat where my daughter lives in Barnsley and she's not complained of the noise or anything despite them being very popular. However, if she takes after her Dad she could probably sleep in the bar and not be woken up
    WHAT !

You’ve let your daughter live in BARNSLEY ?

Child abuse that is !

Had a look in the front window of the Three Cranes on High Street yeterday. Looks like refurbishment is going well - cosy-looking bar. No opening date pinned up yet.

I had a look through the window too last week and it does indeed look nice and cosy. It’s appropriate that this wonderful building is going to be a pub again (although the antique shop was great too) and I hope it does well.
    I was also in the Dragon Tap (I think) at the Stag and thought that was well worth a visit for a cosy pint of decent ale.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    WHAT !

You’ve let your daughter live in BARNSLEY ?

Child abuse that is !
    I took advice from gkotw

Seriously though, not driving so her needing to be close to a town centre and bus links, Barnsley though not perfect beat Rotherham hands down.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12