+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can Anyone Save Us?

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    The fact we averaged over 7,000 for the worst season in our history tells me we have a future. However, things are probably going to get far worse in the short-term before we can even start to hope moving forward. That may mean administration and hopefully getting owners who can run the club in a more realistic, sustainable fashion than the previous incumbents. Let's also hope there's money to be made from the Waterside development and we benefit from that.

But given that Hardy presumably hasn't got the money to put us into administration, it may be even worse and end with liquidation - and the ultimate rebuild job.
    That was mainly down to the £2 a game tickets though. Hardy trying to make himself look good but losing money without a care in the world so long as we all bow to him as our savior!!!!

I think we'll fold up. Too many people got there eyes on Riverside development.
    We're history

The fact we averaged over 7,000 for the worst season in our history tells me we have a future.
    It does make you wonder what sort of crowds Notts would be getting in 2019 if we'd got back into the 2nd tier. We always talked about the large away followings making up the numbers at that level, but crowds of late demonstrate that this city could easily support two relatively successful teams now that football has become part of the fabric of British life again (which it hadn't been in the 1980s/early 90s).

So yes, Notts County is a club worth owning but, as a 5th tier outfit, it's just not worth the price Hardy is asking for. If you're going to have to re-build from non-league then doing it with a 10 point deduction isn't going to make that much difference in the longer term (Certainly not 5 million pounds or so worth of difference).

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    It does make you wonder what sort of crowds Notts would be getting in 2019 if we'd got back into the 2nd tier. We always talked about the large away followings making up the numbers at that level, but crowds of late demonstrate that this city could easily support two relatively successful teams now that football has become part of the fabric of British life again (which it hadn't been in the 1980s/early 90s).

So yes, Notts County is a club worth owning but, as a 5th tier outfit, it's just not worth the price Hardy is asking for. If you're going to have to re-build from non-league then doing it with a 10 point deduction isn't going to make that much difference in the longer term (Certainly not 5 million pounds or so worth of difference).
    Can the club ever be supporter owmed again?

My opinion is, yes if the club reforms lower down the football pyramid and starts from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Can the club ever be supporter owmed again?

My opinion is, yes if the club reforms lower down the football pyramid and starts from scratch.
    No, a true phoenix club maybe if that's what you are meaning, but not this one.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    I believe someone can but Hardy will not budge on his price which is putting all interested parties of and they're walking away!!! Surely sometime between now and the court case on the 10th July he has to accept a lower price? He's playing a very dangerous game with the club in order to save his own skin financially!!
    That is absolutely spot on. I hope he really gets what he deserves. How on earth he made any money at all is beyond me. Moron.

Question re the 10th July, if no buyer- are we dependant on Hardy placing us in Admin? Can a judge place us into administration? If not, I genuinely believe Hardy will let it run and allow the judge to sign our death.

Quote Originally Posted by Pie1862 View Post
    Question re the 10th July, if no buyer- are we dependant on Hardy placing us in Admin? Can a judge place us into administration? If not, I genuinely believe Hardy will let it run and allow the judge to sign our death.
    Hardy has to do it. There could be a potential corner case where HMRC pushes for admin but it's quite rare and it's up to the judge. There is the potential for the judge to suggest administration but again, it's very rare and would need to probably have someone right there saying they'd offer a decent deal. Basically, it's all on Hardy

The fact we averaged over 7,000 for the worst season in our history tells me we have a future. However, things are probably going to get far worse in the short-term before we can even start to hope moving forward. That may mean administration and hopefully getting owners who can run the club in a more realistic, sustainable fashion than the previous incumbents. Let's also hope there's money to be made from the Waterside development and we benefit from that.

But given that Hardy presumably hasn't got the money to put us into administration, it may be even worse and end with liquidation - and the ultimate rebuild job.
    7000 - who fell for a snake oil salesman con

How could the club benefit from the waterside development? It has no assets. Nothing it owns to sell up and profit from.

If a re-build involves fan ownership, I'm out. The last time was a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    I believe someone can but Hardy will not budge on his price which is putting all interested parties of and they're walking away!!! Surely sometime between now and the court case on the 10th July he has to accept a lower price? He's playing a very dangerous game with the club in order to save his own skin financially!!
    I completely agree. It’s no different to if I were selling a house and you wanted to buy it. Hypothetically speaking if want £250,000 for it and you are only prepared to pay £225,000 and if I’m not going to accept anything less than £240,000 we have an impasse.

This is where I think things are at based on piecing the small snippets of information we have been fed together.

Hopefully there are buyers in the wings or interested parties (other than the May consortium) as the club has been for sale for six months but on the scraps we know it can only be assumed none of the previously mentioned parties are meeting Alan Hardy’s asking price???

If this scenario were to be the case then it’s a massive risk and the stakes would be high because it would almost be like playing Russian roulette with the clubs very survival and future at stake.

My own thoughts are that if this was the case we would be at a point of brinksmanship as the 10th July gets ever closer which is now 10 days away. If a takeover deal has not been done or agreed by the end of next week or in time for the court hearing then what?

Worrying times especially for those employed by the club.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast