+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 253 of 421 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 4203

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    Lee Cattermole available for free ?
    Wages far too high.
    He'll still get a decent contract down south.
    And how many yellow/red cards would the corrupt c***s in black up here give him?

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Agree with the second part of the post, albeit you can have a "wildcard" signing 24 hours prior to the game.
    That would be pointless though as the player wouldn't be anywhere close to match fit and unlikely to feature.
    To go into the QR1 game with the same squad as was available on Saturday is a big gamble IMO.
    Exactly if the squad from sat is the starting line up on 11th then I'll be hella worried,

Oh but may will be back, hurrah!

Motherwell get a striker on loan,
    Decent for them 40 goals in 100 pro games for Cole for the likes of Barnsley mk dons and burton, hes the son of Andy Cole

Decent for them 40 goals in 100 pro games for Cole for the likes of Barnsley mk dons and burton, hes the son of Andy Cole
    We'll be linked with him in 18 months time

I wonder what his father thinks of him moving to Scotland.

I remember a few years ago he was on some tv show and he arrogantly said Scottish football was a waste of time.

We'll be linked with him in 18 months time
    Only if he scores two in 28 appearances and has his season cut short due to a cruciate injury.

A lad on Pie & Bovril is claiming to be in the know about a signing tomorrow, and reckons we'll be happy about it.

Hmmmmm...always take these things with a pinch of salt.

A lad on Pie & Bovril is claiming to be in the know about a signing tomorrow, and reckons we'll be happy about it.

Hmmmmm...always take these things with a pinch of salt.
    If someone does come in then I'd imagine it'll be a proper signing with a further loan deal being made towards the end of the window and after a few of our players are binned or loaned.

I'd be happy with Wilson. Scottish managers and defenders pish themselves when up against fast and silky players.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    If someone does come in then I'd imagine it'll be a proper signing with a further loan deal being made towards the end of the window and after a few of our players are binned or loaned.

I'd be happy with Wilson. Scottish managers and defenders pish themselves when up against fast and silky players.
    I think it'll be a midfield player Aldo.
    That's more of a priority.
    Don't laugh, but we have four "strikers" at the moment, vying for 1, a max of 2 places.

We only have two central mids - both ****agers. (assuming Bryson is struggling for the first game)

And for what it's worth, I don't think James Wilson will sign.

I think we might sign 3 players maximum before the end of the window, maybe just two.
    And as you suggest, one of them will be a last minute loan from England.

EDIT - It won't be Dom Ball - he's got himself a great move to QPR
    Warburton must really like him
    Last edited by RedStarTorphins; 02-07-2019 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post

If someone is being announced tomorrow I'd guess it's more likely to be a permanent signing than loan - and agree that there might be another 1 or 2 loans nearer the end of the window as there usually is.

Likely candidates (based on rumours anyway) would possibly be...

McGeouch - I'd be happy with him coming in, but I'd have thought a loan for a season would maybe be a more likely option.

Wilson - I'd be happy with him if I was the manager, as I would play him every week. With McInnes as manager I'm not so confident it'll work out - if he didn't play him last season, where would he fit him into the team this season? I'm also not sure why he would want to sign for us given that he spent so much time on the bench and had the indignity of being behind Cosgrove and May in the pecking order at times!

Mulumbu - I'd be happy enough with him too. But unless we've been working on it for a while I can't see it being him as he's away with his national team just now.

Gauld - I'd be happy with him as well as he's the type of attacking creative player we're lacking and if he can recapture some of his earlier form he'll be better than anything else we can afford. Not sure how much money his club are willing to let him go for though, so I'm not convinced it'll be him either.

If we could sign all of the above we'd have some team, although not sure how you'd fit them all into a starting 11!
    Lewis
    Logan Devlin McKenna Leigh
    McGeouch Bryson Mulumbu
    McGinn Wilson Gauld

Page 253 of 421 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast