+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T For those who claim that the BBC is left wing.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Can you link me to where it says "when it comes to general news the BBC are more centre left".

The words are "story selection", which is much broader and allowed breathing space to be more diverse, with much broader content on 'news' websites, as opposed to the much more revealing shorter news broadcasts on TV, where it is much more notable what is selected/left out from the possible range on offer. I think the fact their 'right leaning' on "certain areas they lean right, such as business, immigration, and religion" is more notable there. But on the whole I agree with Kerr that the actual news broadcasts themselves are pretty much bang in the centre.
    Overall they rate them slightly left of centre.

3rd to last paragraph which starts talking about general news ends with in general they have a slight bias towards the left centre.

Now back to my original question to you which you have so far failed to answer. Where on your link does it say for "GENERAL NEWS" that they are right centre?

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    Overall they rate them slightly left of centre.

3rd to last paragraph which starts talking about general news ends with in general they have a slight bias towards the left centre.

Now back to my original question to you which you have so far failed to answer. Where on your link does it say for "GENERAL NEWS" that they are right centre?
    It doesn't. I've given the links. Did I quote them as saying "general news" - that was my term which was meant to summarise (obviously not clearly) what MBFC term "certain areas they lean right, such as business, immigration, and religion". You're probably right, general news was not the right term to use. How could I summarse this news content in a way you wouldn't cry about? How about "newsworthy items", or "news topics that regularly appear on the news broadcasts along with other news topics"?

It doesn't. I've given the links. Did I quote them as saying "general news" - that was my term which was meant to summarise (obviously not clearly) what MBFC term "certain areas they lean right, such as business, immigration, and religion". You're probably right, general news was not the right term to use. How could I summarse this news content in a way you wouldn't cry about? How about "newsworthy items", or "news topics that regularly appear on the news broadcasts along with other news topics"?
    Thank you.

You could have just put business, immigration and religion and left out the general news bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    Thank you.

You could have just put business, immigration and religion and left out the general news bit?
    Fair point, but in fairness I didn't have the website to hand when I wrote that post, was just summarising what I recalled were main thrust of the MBFC conclusions off top of my head.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-484...s_contentcard4

One for greatfire

Particularly like this bit:

Humans are inherently social animals, who are made happier and healthier when connected to others. Feeling isolated and lonely, in contrast, is a stress factor that poses a health risk comparable to smoking and obesity.

Having positive social relationships has been put forward as a key ingredient for happiness, more significant even than how much we earn.

So Planet Greatfire really isn't a happy or healthy place to be after all.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 03-07-2019 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I haven't been following the campaigns particularly closely as I am bored with it. Based upon what I have heard my response would be 'almost certainly unrealistic and nowt to do with whether the BBC is politically biased'.
    Don't be shy Kerr you know damn well you've been following the debate but pretending you haven't absolves you from making any adverse comment on the horlicks your party has made & is continuing to make of the whole affair & from declaring your choice

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Don't be shy Kerr you know damn well you've been following the debate but pretending you haven't absolves you from making any adverse comment on the horlicks your party has made & is continuing to make of the whole affair & from declaring your choice
    Or perhaps you can wait till the votes are cast & then tell us he was your choice all along

You could set one up Fire but you know as well as I do that many of them exist already!

By the way, you seem to be avoiding the 'difficult questions' that Roly and I put forward? Does your freeze peach extend to a person yelling "**** off home nigger" on the high street, or "you're a dirty ****ing p*ki piece of ****", or "Please support my campaign to murder the infidels of the West"?
    LOL you are actually doing that "freeze peach" thing

Bet you call people "gammons" and talk about "crashing out" of the EU as well.

And call the Daily Mail the "Daily Heil".

A walking talking stereotype.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    LOL you are actually doing that "freeze peach" thing

Bet you call people "gammons" and talk about "crashing out" of the EU as well.

And call the Daily Mail the "Daily Heil".

A walking talking stereotype.
    Just taking the pee out of you. Never heard of 'freeze peach' until you mentioned it earlier.

Why do you find the different levels of free speech questions so hard to answer? You are always, always banging on about people taking away your free speech rights. I gave you different statements of free speech. Surely you can say which you think are acceptable, if not all? I can't believe you haven't thought it through to such an extent that those questions leave you without a response? Surely?!

Just taking the pee out of you. Never heard of 'freeze peach' until you mentioned it earlier.

Why do you find the different levels of free speech questions so hard to answer? You are always, always banging on about people taking away your free speech rights. I gave you different statements of free speech. Surely you can say which you think are acceptable, if not all? I can't believe you haven't thought it through to such an extent that those questions leave you without a response? Surely?!
    That's a very long an complicated argument, and this is not really the right place for it.

But the list of things that we're not allowed to talk about gets longer and longer, in case someone gets triggered and their safe space violated, you've just given extreme examples but many of the things they want censored are not extreme at all, like saying there are only two genders which is scientifically accurate but not politically correct.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast