+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastleigh away

its what every one of us league clubs thought, when we first went
    Name:  trapdoor.jpg
Views: 768
Size:  38.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by M1cksut View Post
    its what every one of us league clubs thought, when we first went
    If you read this board, the vast majority are expecting us to struggle.

Bloody marvellous - not! Coming back to England for 10 days in September and was hoping to get at least two games in. All we get is Sutton away, on the first Saturday, which will be a no-no as my Step-dad does a Soul and Motown night and then Halifax (et Fullerton) at home.

No EPL or Championship football on the first weekend either. In the 10 days last time, we managed three Notts' games. My missus is laughing at me as I picked the dates.

What the hell - COYP!

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Our first eleven is as poxy as it gets, we don't have a left back and only one centre half. No money and automatic embargo until we pay the tax man. I suspect poxy Chorley would beat our first team if we played them for real on Saturday
    You think every other team in this league is completely prepared and up to scratch, fit as fiddles, nothing wanting, fearless, ready and eager for the fray? Can't wait to show all the other teams how massive they are? Remind me - which league are we in? Ah yes, the Vanarama - not the Premiership?

Perhaps Notts players should be on anti-depressants already for the hammering Chorley and co are bound to give them.

To read some of the depressing views on here you could be forgiven if you thought we were going to play Man City.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    You think every other team in this league is completely prepared and up to scratch, fit as fiddles, nothing wanting, fearless, ready and eager for the fray? Can't wait to show all the other teams how massive they are? Remind me - which league are we in? Ah yes, the Vanarama - not the Premiership?

Perhaps Notts players should be on anti-depressants already for the hammering Chorley and co are bound to give them.

To read some of the depressing views on here you could be forgiven if you thought we were going to play Man City.
    Exactly, i think there are a fair few clubs in the NL that would like to be starting the season with hemmings and dennis up front, a couple of loans to strengthen the back line and we'll be alright,on the plus side 8 games early on will give them time to blend together, i think if we make it to the first game we'll do alright this season.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post

Correct. 4 or 5 decent additions, possibly a new manager and we should piss this league.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Correct. 4 or 5 decent additions, possibly a new manager and we should piss this league.
    The squad we have now we should be able to put out a decent 3-5-2 that would be a match for most teams in the NL,a few additions to strengthen at the back and we're in business.

A lot will depend on Ardleys ability to motivate,hopefully he'll do better with a fresh start

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    The squad we have now we should be able to put out a decent 3-5-2 that would be a match for most teams in the NL,a few additions to strengthen at the back and we're in business.

A lot will depend on Ardleys ability to motivate,hopefully he'll do better with a fresh start
    Good luck playing 3-5-2 with one centre back !

Being serious it depends who we sign and i'm going to be negative & say 5th from bottom has to be the aim.

We are not going to have a good season i'd suspect & the smart money is we have a good chance of playing in the division lower next season.

We might have Dennis/Hemmings at this moment in time but we might not do in a few weeks time.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Good luck playing 3-5-2 with one centre back !

Being serious it depends who we sign and i'm going to be negative & say 5th from bottom has to be the aim.

We are not going to have a good season i'd suspect & the smart money is we have a good chance of playing in the division lower next season.

We might have Dennis/Hemmings at this moment in time but we might not do in a few weeks time.
    I'd like to think that knowing our biggest weakness(on the pitch) is lack of numbers at the back that ardley is training with some of the more defensive minded midfielders at the back, he have a squad capable of competing on day 1 its about how he organises and motivates them.

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    its about how he organises and motivates them.
    If he organises and motivates them like he did last season, we are doomed.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast