+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Shankland signed

Great piece of business, fingers crossed for his medical and let's hope he stays fit. Wonder what his wages are

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    he doesnt need to be a proved premiership player to play for us

the negativity across there is incredible!! ffs mate we've just signed the tap scorer in scotland and your questioning his ability! Every supporter on social medial is in meltdoon with seethe lets f cuking celebrate!!!!
    Mate, read my post and read the post I'm replying to. The guy is asking why top six clubs in the Premiership haven't taken a punt on him and I'm trying to come up with an answer for it and that was it. He's unproven at that level, which he is, and at a reported £3K a week with potentially £200K signing on fee, he's maybe not worth the risk for them.
    He's a ****ing fantastic signing for us. That is without question and I have never once said he wasn't or questioned his ability to play for us.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Mate, read my post and read the post I'm replying to. The guy is asking why top six clubs in the Premiership haven't taken a punt on him and I'm trying to come up with an answer for it and that was it. He's unproven at that level, which he is, and at a reported £3K a week with potentially £200K signing on fee, he's maybe not worth the risk for them.
    He's a ****ing fantastic signing for us. That is without question and I have never once said he wasn't or questioned his ability to play for us.
    This is the only forum I post on but I look in on TEK now and again but never been on East football or anything else so don't know the extent of your debate /argument but as much as I don't want us to get into money troubles through over spending I'd much rather have Shankland on the wages you've quoted and the fee you've quoted than Safranko on what I'd imagine to be similar or even more.

Welcome to the club.

Well done Ogrens. Would love Dobbie in now to win league by 12 points plus

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    This is the only forum I post on but I look in on TEK now and again but never been on East football or anything else so don't know the extent of your debate /argument but as much as I don't want us to get into money troubles through over spending I'd much rather have Shankland on the wages you've quoted and the fee you've quoted than Safranko on what I'd imagine to be similar or even more.

Welcome to the club.
    It's a lot of money for a club like us to be paying out (if the figures are correct). My main concern however is that if we play like we did last season, it won't matter who we have up front. We now need to go out and find a player/players who's gonna lay chances on a plate for Shankland. Interested to see what kind of player Sporle is as he claims in his interview he's an attack minded full back. Hopefully he's got a left peg to go with it akin to Dixon/Robertson.

Shankland is a pretty lazy player, his goals have come from others in the team setting him up. He is however an excellent finisher and we just need to get someone to supply him. Ryan Gauld could be a great suggestion. A creative midfielder is something we have been missing for a while. Much happier now though as I believe we are only 1 or 2 players away from having a decent side and now have options up front which make is more difficult to set up against. I have full faith in Robbie and Ashgar to get these players in. I just hope Shankland time at united ends up more like a Billy Dodds than a Lee Miller or Stevie Crawford.
    Last edited by weegiearab; 04-07-2019 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    It's a lot of money for a club like us to be paying out (if the figures are correct). My main concern however is that if we play like we did last season, it won't matter who we have up front. We now need to go out and find a player/players who's gonna lay chances on a plate for Shankland. Interested to see what kind of player Sporle is as he claims in his interview he's an attack minded full back. Hopefully he's got a left peg to go with it akin to Dixon/Robertson.
    Hey, less of the negative tone you are bringing over from EF.

Shankland will be a great signing if we can give him the service. Once we sign a winger and a 10 I’ll be even more delighted about this signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Brightside View Post
    Shankland will be a great signing if we can give him the service. Once we sign a winger and a 10 I’ll be even more delighted about this signing.
    Don't hold your breath.
    We have enough in-house.
    And look out for the emergence of one or two of our proteges.

Its a signing i thought was well beyond us,its a signing that all our rivals were hoping would never happen.Its the biggest statement of intent from United in years,i struggle to understand why any Arab could be negative about it.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)