+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Are We Actually Going To Sign Anyone ?

Tarkowski has been advised to start clearing his locker out.

Leicester and Wolves both looking at Tarks @ 40m, I heard there was a 50m release clause in his contract so they both should be told 50m or jog on.

Quote Originally Posted by whittyclaretandblue View Post
    Leicester and Wolves both looking at Tarks @ 40m, I heard there was a 50m release clause in his contract so they both should be told 50m or jog on.
    We're not short of money, we don't have to sell anyone, so if we are serious about competing at this level we should be telling both Leicester and Wolves to jog on full stop.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    We're not short of money, we don't have to sell anyone, so if we are serious about competing at this level we should be telling both Leicester and Wolves to jog on full stop.
    The lure of the lucre is an addiction to our Board of Directors. Gibson, Long, Dunne and even an old gimmer from Clitheroe can replace Tarkowski with how SD sets the defence up. If £50 million is on the table, Terrier Taxis are off down the M1.

Attachment 13124

In an ideal world that is what we should be doing but if there is a release clause in his contract once that is triggered there isn't a lot we can do if the player wants to go. even if they bid less than the release clause and the player wanted to talk to them then we are going to have to seriously think about it, we don't need a player who could down tools and Tarks has a history with downing tools he did it to force his move to us if I remember rightly. its up to our negotiating team to then try to drive the price up by getting other clubs interested to start a bidding war until either the clause is triggered or we get the price up to an acceptable level.
    Personally I think if Leicester are demanding 90m for Maguire from City and UTD then Tarks is worth a lot more than 50m. its a double edged sword, if we didnt have a release clause in his contract there's nothing to stop say Spurs bidding 20m and unsettling the player who then forces a move because he wants European football. if you have these clauses and the players value suddenly shoots up due to the market there isnt anything you can do if that figure is met. our only other option is try to renegotiate his contract for a higher release clause but that would come with an increase in wages.

Quote Originally Posted by whittyclaretandblue View Post
    In an ideal world that is what we should be doing but if there is a release clause in his contract once that is triggered there isn't a lot we can do if the player wants to go. even if they bid less than the release clause and the player wanted to talk to them then we are going to have to seriously think about it, we don't need a player who could down tools and Tarks has a history with downing tools he did it to force his move to us if I remember rightly. its up to our negotiating team to then try to drive the price up by getting other clubs interested to start a bidding war until either the clause is triggered or we get the price up to an acceptable level.
    Personally I think if Leicester are demanding 90m for Maguire from City and UTD then Tarks is worth a lot more than 50m. its a double edged sword, if we didnt have a release clause in his contract there's nothing to stop say Spurs bidding 20m and unsettling the player who then forces a move because he wants European football. if you have these clauses and the players value suddenly shoots up due to the market there isnt anything you can do if that figure is met. our only other option is try to renegotiate his contract for a higher release clause but that would come with an increase in wages.
    Yes that's the reality Whitty, but it all stems from the fact that we are not serious about staying in this division, we're just intent on making as much money as we can while our luck lasts. We know we cannot compete with the financial clout of even clubs like Wolves and Leicester, I'd just prefer it if the club was honest about the situation, instead of sending Sean out talking bull**** about us being pro-active this summer, and claiming the Vokes money would bolster our transfer budget. Do they really think us fans are a load of numpties ? Perhaps they do.

Yes that's the reality Whitty, but it all stems from the fact that we are not serious about staying in this division, we're just intent on making as much money as we can while our luck lasts. We know we cannot compete with the financial clout of even clubs like Wolves and Leicester, I'd just prefer it if the club was honest about the situation, instead of sending Sean out talking bull**** about us being pro-active this summer, and claiming the Vokes money would bolster our transfer budget. Do they really think us fans are a load of numpties ? Perhaps they do.
    sinkov---not all fans are grammar school educated you know!

Where is the England has-been?
    I thought Jagielka was the man but then he probably bumped into Garlick at Gawthorpe......

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Where is the England has-been?
    I thought Jagielka was the man but then he probably bumped into Garlick at Gawthorpe......
    Gone back to his Sheffield roots and who can blame him?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Gone back to his Sheffield roots and who can blame him?
    So we have Seville, Sheffield and Burnley ---which would be my last preference outside of football?

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)