+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pontus janssen

Quote Originally Posted by bathlad61 View Post
    Selling or getting rid of a player is one thing, but it has to be at market value - 5-5 mil seems mighty cheap, on the bright side at least this is happening now, gives time to bring in a " proper " replacement, far too soon to rely on White.

Whatever the reasons are, huge loss, just hope it doesn't unsettle Phillips.
    I hate to piss on your chips but I think the club have know Jansson was going since before the window opened and White IS his replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    I hate to piss on your chips but I think the club have know Jansson was going since before the window opened and White IS his replacement.
    Well I don't want to sh1t on anyones face but I think joel has nailed it.

Question is..can White step up and do the business???

So if cooper and white are our two centre halves, we're back to square one with no back up. Beradi, as I've said before is a liability, Phillips is not a centre half, if white or cooper is injured we're knackered, and we all know cooper is suspect to injuries. All this talk about wingers/strikers etc, it's defence we needed to sort, if the opposition don't score you can't lose!

One name Leeds have today been linked with is Arsenal’s wantaway centre back Krystian Bielik. The 21 year old Polish youth player spent the vast majority of last season at newly promoted Charlton Athletic. This link has been floated on twitter by football journalist Tom Cardnuff. The Sun previously reported that Bielik was keen to leave Arsenal.

At 6ft2, Krystian certainly makes up for the height Leeds will lose when defending set pieces if Pontus leaves and his man of the match winning performance in the play-off final against Sunderland may just be the extra bit of grit and steel Leeds need to get them over the line this season.

Hope im wrong, but at the minute, i just see White as a loanee journeyman.
    Does he have enough experience to replace Jansson.
    Cooper had his best season but he still does not fill me with confidence.
    And Beradi, with ALL his heart, is a red card just waiting to happen.
    We need to spend.

What spend the paltry 5.5 million on a classy centre half....I don't think so, love bielsa, but his renowned stubbornness may prove costly, in every sense of the word.

So we pay £10m for a powder puff, and appear to be about to sell our best CB (and yes he's not perfect, who is?) for £5.5m, and we have a seasoned businessman for an owner, really?

Losing your best defender to Brentford. Ouch. Bet you boys weren't expecting that.

The rumour is Maupay coming to the Lane, which will give Brentford some pocket money to spend. However, Brentford are playing silly buggers trying to get 15 million. If Maupay falls through then Janssen to Brentford will fall through.

We've seen worse players command much higher fees lately. Premier League money is ridiculous - and Brentford know that too.

If this is about attitude then it means Jansson's 'ego' feels justified in challenging Bielsa! Now, I'm fully aware how often ego's clash, but for a player of Jansson's stature to feel he can challenging one of the all time great coaches says everything I need to know about Jansson. I can only imagine the 'powerful influence' he had when the likes of Higginbottom were here.

On his day a cracking player...but if Jansson's ego has lost it, then its best to get rid. If its for a fee of 5.5M, then that only shows how keen Bielsa is to get rid. Some people call that stubborn...I call it leadership. Its that level of leadership that inspired last years squad. No doubt now that this years squad will be all Bielsa's.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)