+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 338 of 421 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339340348388 ... LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 4203

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRed View Post
    I know everyone hates Cosgrove. He isn't graceful, elegant, quick, and mostly doesn't seem to have any real skill. He does show neat touches occasionally. But....he sticks the ball in the back of the net. Which, as a striker, is his main job. His goals look flukey often and many times the keeper should have done better. But.....in they go, despite huge numbers of missed chances.

I don't like him myself. He lacks all the things I want to see from a striker, except, the ball ends up in the back of the net on a pretty regular basis. He lacks all the things that Rooney didn't have either. But lots of people loved Rooney. I didn't think much of Rooney either as a player. But he was lucky and the ball ended up in the back of the net on a pretty regular basis.

I don't see why you want rid of him as long as he scores goals. Let's be honest, what are the chances of getting another 20 goal per season striker in? Looking at previous signings of strikers over the last few years, we would be more likely to get a 2 goal per season striker.

The moral is, be careful what you wish for.
    Everyone ? ..... I don’t hate him. Doesn’t mean I can’t see his limitations. The comparisons with Rooney are inevitable, but I think a lot of fans compare Cosgrove with the Rooney of 3 or 4 years ago , as opposed to the version we had in his his last season with us.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRed View Post
    I know everyone hates Cosgrove. .
    Hates a strong word

I just think hes pish

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    Everyone ? ..... I don’t hate him. Doesn’t mean I can’t see his limitations. The comparisons with Rooney are inevitable, but I think a lot of fans compare Cosgrove with the Rooney of 3 or 4 years ago , as opposed to the version we had in his his last season with us.
    It was the same version.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Hates a strong word

I just think hes pish
    I don’t think anyone hates him.
    He does his best, seems a decent bloke.
    It’s just that he’s not a very good player. That simple.
    Think we can do better.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I don’t think anyone hates him.
    He does his best, seems a decent bloke.
    It’s just that he’s not a very good player. That simple.
    Think we can do better.
    Better than he currently is yes, but apparently he came later than most into football so I'm still hopeful he can improve. I don't think we should have ever been relying on him week in week out but then he outscored everyone but Morales in the whole league. If he can improve his first touch and becomes more dangerous in the air his physical attributes would make him a useful player to have in the squad. Better sub to have in the event the alternative is bunging Taylor up there where we try to rescue a game.

He's still only 22 so can improve a huge amount under the right coaching.

Is it such a crime if he's not that great but still scoring and we are winning?

Stevie May, better footballer but not scoring for a few years now, I know what I'd rather.

Quote Originally Posted by DJR1979 View Post
    He's still only 22 so can improve a huge amount under the right coaching.

Is it such a crime if he's not that great but still scoring and we are winning?

Stevie May, better footballer but not scoring for a few years now, I know what I'd rather.
    This.

He currently has a head like a thruppenny bit though. That`s my main frustration with him. Could do with a bit of Head Tenis Coaching from Considine. Which may well be happening.

Lets see how it goes this season ?

btw , Curtis Main , when he came on in Lapland , did his job well. Holding up the ball, running down time, looking to play off and bring others into the game. And he was getting into the right position for goals when the crosses came over. Just that the RoPs Defenders were doing well in cutting out the crosses.
    He`s not as awkard a player to mark as Cosgrove, and not as tall for getting on the high punts up the park,...but, as we look like we`ll be playing a more " intelligently " this season, he may well prove to be a decent striker for us. I he gets the game time ?

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    This.

He currently has a head like a thruppenny bit though. That`s my main frustration with him. Could do with a bit of Head Tenis Coaching from Considine. Which may well be happening.

btw , Curtis Main , when he came on in Lapland , did his job well. Holding up the ball, running down time, looking to play off and bring others into the game. And he was getting into the right position for goals when the crosses came over. Just that the RoPs Defenders were doing well in cutting out the crosses.
    He`s not as awkard a player to mark as Cosgrove, and not as tall for getting on the high punts up the park,...but, as we look like we`ll be playing a more " intelligently " this season, he may well prove to be a decent striker for us. I he gets the game time ?
    Would rather James Wilson got the chance and game time that big Sam gets.

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    This.

You'd certainly hope to see an improvement in his first touch and heading, otherwise something's not right with the coaching and training. The boy should be working on his heading every day - from every angle, height and speed of ball coming into him, he should be working on getting good connection and heading it in the right direction. His main attribute is his height, but until he can header the ball properly he's not going to make the most of it. If he could actually header the ball properly he'd probably score another 10 goals a season - particularly if McGinn keeps up his form and the likes of Hedges and Gallagher are providing balls into the box.

Do we have a forwards / strikers coach? Our management team are pretty much all midfielders - McInnes, Robson, Sheerin. Maybe a bit more variety in the coaching staff would help develop and improve our defence and attack?

Bring back Leon mike!

Page 338 of 421 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339340348388 ... LastLast