+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The whole club feels flat

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    You didn't.read.the post did you (or maybe just failed to understand it)?
    now, now Jacob - careful with the liberal use of ..... for emphasis. Beats your usual CAPS to make your point like a child craving attention though I guess.

GK Casilla/Peacock-Farrel
    RB Ayling/Dallas
    LB Douglas/Davis
    CB Cooper/Berardi/White
    DM Philips/Forshaw
    CM Klich/Shackleton/Bogusz
    #10 Hernandez/ ????
    RW Costa/Clarke
    LW Harrison/Alioski
    ST Roofe/Bamford/Roberts

I reckon Shackleton and (after seeing the Western Sydney game) Bogusz will be a significant part of the first team squad, with Strujik, McAlmot, Gotts, Stevens, Odour and Edmonson as back-up.
    The squad was almost good enough last year, and logic tells me that the squad must be better than last year, simply because it’s a young squad that’s now year older…a year drilled in Bielsa’s methods. Sure, other teams might have sussed us out, but they'll be facing a better team than last year...a year drilled in Bielsa's methods. I repeat because for me that's by far the most important factor.
    Now, if we can add the likes of Romaine Sawyers...and maybe a first-choice CB (buy or loan), then that'll be icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintadore View Post
    GK Casilla/Peacock-Farrel
    RB Ayling/Dallas
    LB Douglas/Davis
    CB Cooper/Berardi/White
    DM Philips/Forshaw
    CM Klich/Shackleton/Bogusz
    #10 Hernandez/ ????
    RW Costa/Clarke
    LW Harrison/Alioski
    ST Roofe/Bamford/Roberts

I reckon Shackleton and (after seeing the Western Sydney game) Bogusz will be a significant part of the first team squad, with Strujik, McAlmot, Gotts, Stevens, Odour and Edmonson as back-up.
    The squad was almost good enough last year, and logic tells me that the squad must be better than last year, simply because it’s a young squad that’s now year older…a year drilled in Bielsa’s methods. Sure, other teams might have sussed us out, but they'll be facing a better team than last year...a year drilled in Bielsa's methods. I repeat because for me that's by far the most important factor.
    Now, if we can add the likes of Romaine Sawyers...and maybe a first-choice CB (buy or loan), then that'll be icing on the cake.
    Def need a centre back that is a must the goalkeeper situation for me is also a worry will not comment on Bamford ive lost hope on that melt

Quote Originally Posted by klix View Post
    Def need a centre back that is a must the goalkeeper situation for me is also a worry will not comment on Bamford ive lost hope on that melt
    Funny the CB situation. Last year it felt like the squad was short, but Bielsa was happy with 3 first team CB's with Phillips and Ayling as back-up. I reckon this year will be the same, with Strujik and Davis able to fill in as well. Feels light to me, but what do I know...and White may be a more than able replacement for Jansson?

GK...I've got to believe that an ex-Real Madrid GK will come good.
    And Bamford...gets into the right positions but seems unbalanced when he needs to score. I'm starting to worry that it's a lack of 'ability' (physical or otherwise) rather than a lack of confidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Flintadore View Post
    Funny the CB situation. Last year it felt like the squad was short, but Bielsa was happy with 3 first team CB's with Phillips and Ayling as back-up. I reckon this year will be the same, with Strujik and Davis able to fill in as well. Feels light to me, but what do I know...and White may be a more than able replacement for Jansson?

GK...I've got to believe that an ex-Real Madrid GK will come good.
    And Bamford...gets into the right positions but seems unbalanced when he needs to score. I'm starting to worry that it's a lack of 'ability' (physical or otherwise) rather than a lack of confidence?
    Can’t put my finger on what it is with Bamford. He has scored some quality goals and seems to appreciate space and how to use it when playing well.

At other times he just seems lost or goes missing. Maybe he has been fretting about what Brexit will do to the Tory party too much.

Mateusz Klich could be on the way out to Burnley I wonder what else will be on the chopping bloke?
    People are saying wait for the first ten weeks to judge! Well past 2 seasons we had flown out of the blocks and we are still here.
    I fear in the first ten weeks we will see our manager has gone, Huge demonstrations at Elland road demanding owner and chief architect Orta leave the club and looking up the table.
    On bamford, I think people are a bit harsh on him as he missed 20 matches and was forced to come back early due to roofs injury and was never 100 % and I also think him and roofs together won't work.
    And I was so much looking for the season to come on now I wish it's next season already lol.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    The below sentence is part of your comment at post #6, nobody bothered picking you up on it...... but as you like to pick up on others grammatical errors....................

"Neither does a cow pat, until you treat in it."

Treat in it????? Shame about that
    I'm gutted, so so so so soooooooo Sorry, can you forgive me? Tw4t.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Mateusz Klich could be on the way out to Burnley I wonder what else will be on the chopping bloke?
    People are saying wait for the first ten weeks to judge! Well past 2 seasons we had flown out of the blocks and we are still here.
    I fear in the first ten weeks we will see our manager has gone, Huge demonstrations at Elland road demanding owner and chief architect Orta leave the club and looking up the table.
    On bamford, I think people are a bit harsh on him as he missed 20 matches and was forced to come back early due to roofs injury and was never 100 % and I also think him and roofs together won't work.
    And I was so much looking for the season to come on now I wish it's next season already lol.
    Failure is an opportunity.to learn. If we f00k up in the first ten weeks there is no hiding place for Radrizzani, Orta or Bielsa, but there is the possibility of doing something about it. Perhaps a reversal of last season, where we play the part of Blades, doing to others what we had done to us. That would be up to the powers that be. "Cometh the hour, cometh the man" (or men).

Fu ck it lads. Lets pump up the flatness.
    Wer gonna storm the league ah tell ye, storm the league

First 10 games will be very interesting as we have only lost 1 first team player from last season. We have added Costa & White.

Getting a bit worried about the injury list, though I suppose it creates an opportunity for others to step up and prove themselves.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)