+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: FC Chikhura Sachkhere

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I suppose it’s a not bad result.
    But against a team like that we should be winning.
    Poor performance. Again.
    We SHOULD get through but Rijeka will easily beat us I’m afraid.

Plus point?
    Think Ojo will be a good addition once he’s up to speed.
    The reason we don’t win games like that is because McInnes is too scared to lose.

Once we equalised we should have gone for the win but game management kicked in again.

Can’t wait to play like that against the cheeks next season.

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansRed View Post
    Same old story. We’ve papered over he holes from last season but again failed (so far) to address the complete lack of plan B in the middle of the park. And it shows. We have to get a player in who allows us to pick a pass 30 yards out and let in a striker. As it stands, you push us out on the wing and we’re 50/50 on whether you’ll see a ball going near the box. The Georgian lad who marked Niall will hopefully let him out of his pocket before the flight home.
    To be fair everything was screwed up after Taylor went off as half the team seemed to be shuffled round. I think Hedges and Gallagher will provide some attacking threat, and I'm sure Wilson would too if he was played instead of Cosgrove, who provides very little other than controlling the ball off the pitch and taking penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    T

Once we equalised we should have gone for the win but game management kicked in again.
    You say that but when the players are struggling to complete pretty basic passes like they did tonight then maybe it's worth holding back a bit.

If they look confident and easy on the ball then they should be told to go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbull666 View Post
    Positives.
    ...did anyone see Wilson take down that punted clearance that cleared the stadium. That was a thing of beauty. Ok...clutching at straws a bit.

Negatives
    Cosgrove's first touch and some of his link up play was not too bad but he's there predominantly for his aerial presence and he did absolutely nothing. Hopeless in the air.
    The contrast of these two players. Wilson is not a target man but the one time the ball is punted up to him he brings it down beautifully, turns away from his man etc... Cosgrove is in the team only because he IS a target man and he won zilch all night and his control is generally shocking. I'm sure Wilson could score penalties too.

Actually, it should be easy enough to fix.

All we need is Joey Harper*

* from 1970/71

I'll take it.

O
    Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    You say that but when the players are struggling to complete pretty basic passes like they did tonight then maybe it's worth holding back a bit.

If they look confident and easy on the ball then they should be told to go for it.
    Nail on the heid , min

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    The contrast of these two players. Wilson is not a target man but the one time the ball is punted up to him he brings it down beautifully, turns away from his man etc... Cosgrove is in the team only because he IS a target man and he won zilch all night and his control is generally shocking. I'm sure Wilson could score penalties too.
    Yes, I noticed that when he was wide out on the left, controlling the ball brilliantly and then passing it. I think that Cosgrove is in the team for pragmatic reasons because DM likes playing with a target man who is more than 6 foot 4 inches in height. Not sure what that will do for Wilson’s confidence!?

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I suppose it’s a not bad result.
    But against a team like that we should be winning.
    Poor performance. Again.
    We SHOULD get through but Rijeka will easily beat us I’m afraid.

Plus point?
    Think Ojo will be a good addition once he’s up to speed.
    Agreed with everything 1-1 away from home is ok , but it was a terrible performance v a poor poor team, i watched a crap stream on phone what did ojo show that was good?

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    To be fair to Cosgrove the one time we got players up and around him he played a great touch off to Hedges and we won a pen.

Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast