+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: And now insult to injury

Personally think that the yellow & blue keepers kit would have been better as the new away strip

What's with the platinum obsession anyway, that's a 70 year celebration?

Quote Originally Posted by Silentman View Post
    What's with the platinum obsession anyway, that's a 70 year celebration?
    Platinum? Pretentious club nonsense instead of at least being honest and calling it shiny grey

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    The new away kit is officially publicised, unfortunately.

Good Christ what are they/were they thinking? Shades of LBGT political correctness, Radz boy likes the colours, they let some other 6-yr olds come up with ideas, or maybe the 49ers had a hand in this????? Whatever, it is without doubt the most sh1te away strip in the club's history (and we have some doozies!), so maybe that's why they chose it for our centennial season?
    "Shades of LGBT..."

"Radz boy..."

San Francisco "49ers..."

...and you call those 'gay' references irony and parody. I know what I call 'em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You do indeed have a particular ability to insult others and cause injury...and then accuse them of having no sense of humour. Well done fella...that must make you feel proud.
    Last edited by Flintadore; 01-08-2019 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintadore View Post
    "Shades of LGBT..."

"Radz boy..."

San Francisco "49ers..."

...and you call those 'gay' references irony and parody. I know what I call 'em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You do indeed have a particular ability to insult others and cause injury...and then accuse them of having no sense of humour. Well done fella...that must make you feel proud.
    Am I missing something?
    LGBT has clear references to the gay community but 'radz boy' and '49ers'??
    I think you're looking for insults that aren't there my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_G_Rection View Post
    Am I missing something?
    LGBT has clear references to the gay community but 'radz boy' and '49ers'??
    I think you're looking for insults that aren't there my friend.
    Used to live in San Francisco...which is the 'gay' capital of the US. So many derogatory 'gay' references to San Fran in the US.
    And Radz boy, well I may have this wrong, but I suspect this mirror's the phrase 'gay boy' that was so 'popular' in the 80's.

And all because our away kit has some 'pink' in it! Shame, eh?

Used to live in San Francisco...which is the 'gay' capital of the US. So many derogatory 'gay' references to San Fran in the US.
    And Radz boy, well I may have this wrong, but I suspect this mirror's the phrase 'gay boy' that was so 'popular' in the 80's.

Firstly, I don't care if there's pink in the kit. It wouldn't have been my choice but but that's because I was hoping for a return to the all yellow kit of old (with it being our centenary year)
    Secondly, you're making connections in your own head and projecting them on to him.
    I fully accept that he was making a connection between pink and LGBT (which isn't an insult anyway) but 'Radz boy' and 49ers??? That's a big stretch.
    The 49'ers are one of our major investors. That is surely more logical than what you're suggesting, particularly in the context of his argument.
    As for the Radz boy 'mirroring' gay boy...it just doesn't. You're looking for insults that aren't there simply because he mentioned LGBT and you don't like him.
    Thirdly, I know I'm not a big poster on here (only when I'm on holiday) but the amount of overly sensitive people who are just posting to create arguments are killing this board.

We have had much worse kits that this one and actually think it looks fine. It’s a kit and as others have said not worth getting worked up about.

the training kit looks very good.

"Shades of LGBT..."

"Radz boy..."

San Francisco "49ers..."

Errr.....LBGT ....yes that includes reference to gays and since when did the LBGT community have any problem associating themselves with pink?

As for Radz boy, unless you hadn't seen, the first hint of the new strip was a shot of "RADZ BOY", I.e his son, wearing it.

And really WTF HAS "49rs" got to do with "gay references"????

You really need to get out more.

You really are a cnut.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)