+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jon Taylor

Jon Taylor

The thing that worries me a bit, is we don't seem to be considering having a plan B. Not necessarily with Taylor, but wide players in general. There will be games when we really need to use the channels and keep defenders back but by not having any wingers we won't have that option.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    The thing that worries me a bit, is we don't seem to be considering having a plan B. Not necessarily with Taylor, but wide players in general. There will be games when we really need to use the channels and keep defenders back but by not having any wingers we won't have that option.
    I agree. As well as the well-known four "first team" wingers going, Bray and young McGinley were released too. Our only replacement, Lamy, got injured after a few minutes in his first appearance (in a friendly) and looks like being out for a while. We have gone from one extreme to another, which now has limited options.

If he's insisting on playing 4-3-3 and not use wingers in an attempt to score more than the opposition then he either relies on his full-backs to get forward OR move the ball forward more quickly from midfield and play an high intensity game. Ladapo has plenty of pace, something we lacked last season. Kyle Vassell has the ' muscle ', Smith has the experience of a decent season in the Championship and Morris had a decent season in League 1 with Shrewsbury.
    Plenty of options up front and in midfield, defence looks a little thin on the ground.

Where's the CB that we've put a bid in for ?
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 31-07-2019 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Poor grammar

Not sure it will make much difference seeing that we just play down middle majority of time anyway but we also have defenders running up front (who done get back to defend)

Can’t win really coaching team can they

Taylor has been linked to Fleetwood
    Last edited by millertop; 31-07-2019 at 06:20 PM.

Don't forget, assuming he is not knacked for the season, Clarke can play on the wing indeed it could be argued he is more of a winger than a left back. This means we will have this option if Mattock plays left back. I think think Olasunde can also play as a winger so you could put him there if Jones plays right back. Also if it is true, Aribiyi, if we get him,is an out and out winger. Think if we can get him we will have one or two options on the wing. More worried about CD position myself. We really don't want to rely too much on Wood much this season bless him.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 31-07-2019 at 06:50 PM.

Has anybody heard if JT found a club?He may have to lower his targets.

Heard nothing Bill - either he's weighing up a couple of offers, his agent is playing clubs like a fiddle or, as you say, expecting too much and may end up walking away...

...what's the betting he'll end up back at either the Shrews or Posh?

He had the chance to join Sunderland too.

You should never have a plan B. If you have a plan B then you are anticipating plan A failing. Put all your thoughts and energy in to plan A and make it work. If plan A fails then you think about plan B.