+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Why has the Labour party sold its soul?

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    The Labour party has gone down hill for years. They no longer care about or have any interest in the working class of the UK as it is now all about the money.

People go on about how much trouble the NHS is in now under a Conservative government but what what many people fail to remember is that it was the Labour Gov under Blair and Brown that the private sector were first let in to the NHS and take almost all the money out of it that should go on equipment and patient care.

Blair let 11 private healthcare providers into the NHS and then Trusts were created and the rest as they say is history.
    You're correct about Blair et al, bit if you think that labour party and this one are the same animal then you've defo got mixed up somewhere along the line....to conflate the current party as all about money is frankly incorrect, you're still thinking of Blair...

Seems to me there's some confusion for folk between the old blairite labour party and the current one. I get that during the Blair years politics got cynical, with a plethora of spin doctors for every party, spinning all kinds of ****e, leading to folk switching off and the feeling of 'they're all the same
    Along comes Corbyn who has radically changed that mindset, has got a refreshing and progressive policy portfolio, which is designed to help all in society, especially the poorest, ie the working class. All the folks talking about the Labour parry going away from it's roots couldn't be more wrong. As i've previously stated, it's closer to its roots and soul right now than it ever was under Blair, fact.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post

Blair let 11 private healthcare providers into the NHS and then Trusts were created and the rest as they say is history.
    John Major and previous Conservative governments started the Private Finance in hospitals, Blair carried it on and increased it.
    It’s too far gone to recover, not without huge costs in either borrowing or the Taxpayers.

Wait for it!

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Seems to me there's some confusion for folk between the old blairite labour party and the current one. I get that during the Blair years politics got cynical, with a plethora of spin doctors for every party, spinning all kinds of ****e, leading to folk switching off and the feeling of 'they're all the same
    Along comes Corbyn who has radically changed that mindset, has got a refreshing and progressive policy portfolio, which is designed to help all in society, especially the poorest, ie the working class. All the folks talking about the Labour parry going away from it's roots couldn't be more wrong. As i've previously stated, it's closer to its roots and soul right now than it ever was under Blair, fact.
    Corbyn is unelectable, and therefore on borrowed time, the Blairites haven't gone away and will be back in charge very soon.

Corbyn as an MP for Islington is more metro elite than you're making out anyway.

The French already own it fella, our utilities are mostly foreign owned, through the system you like to venerate, I see you're reached planet GF level, I feel for you, really I do.
    So how would you re-nationalise them if you're in the EU?

Not possible under articles 106 and 176 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    So how would you re-nationalise them if you're in the EU?

Not possible under articles 106 and 176 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union.
    We're leaving arent we? Wake up GF, there's been a vote and all that, 31 Oct isn't it......

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Corbyn is unelectable, and therefore on borrowed time, the Blairites haven't gone away and will be back in charge very soon.

Corbyn as an MP for Islington is more metro elite than you're making out anyway.
    That's entirely irrelevant, we don't know that either way until there's an election, when was your boy Boris elected exactly??

Whether Corbyn is a metro elite is also irrelevant, if he got elected and made good the manifesto this country would be in a fine position for it's people, making it a much fairer place. Keep the blinkers on flower while you're getting thoroughly shafted by Boris at al.

Could't be closer to it's roots and soul right now than it ever was under Blair, fact.

You are of course correct in that it is miles away from the Blair years but for gods sake mm do not make the mistake of thinking that the Labour party gives a flying **** about the working class mate because those years are well and truly over buddy even under the sell out Corbyn.

Corbyn is saying that he wants to re-nationalise the steel industry etc but yet they are now backing remain if a 2nd referendum is called so could you please explain to me how they would do that inside the EU when EU laws forbid it.
    Last edited by BigLadonOS; 08-08-2019 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Wait for it!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast