+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Incident involving Stags players

Also I forgot to mention Navy: I'm one of those folk who just won't give up. I won't be abused either.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon the Pieman View Post
    Also I forgot to mention Navy: I'm one of those folk who just won't give up. I won't be abused either.
    Bit of a sensitive soul aren't we! I hope I'm not going to have to fly back from Zante ( yes please, I'm bored pooless) and sort this mess out.

Won't lower myself to his (or her) level. I've already written formerly to footymad's CEO. Online abuse is pretty serious, just ask Paul Pogba. It does come to something when you can't make a comment without being abused or, heaven forbid, receiving a courteous and constructive reply. Cowardice I'd call it. It will also indicate whether the board is moderated or not. I'll keep you informed.
    Are you seriously comparing your ‘abuse’ with Paul Pogba’s?
    Don’t get me wrong, Elite gets on my t1ts with a lot of stuff he writes but if you’re seriously offended by what he’s written then I’m more dismayed at you than him!
    Just tell him to get bent and get on with your life!

Won't lower myself to his (or her) level. I've already written formerly to footymad's CEO. Online abuse is pretty serious, just ask Paul Pogba. It does come to something when you can't make a comment without being abused or, heaven forbid, receiving a courteous and constructive reply. Cowardice I'd call it. It will also indicate whether the board is moderated or not. I'll keep you informed.
    Has Elite's post been edited because I'm failing to see where the abuse is that warrants the writing a letter to a CEO?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Has Elite's post been edited because I'm failing to see where the abuse is that warrants the writing a letter to a CEO?
    I was going to say the same. If that's the reaction, it's probably best to avoid most of the internet.

I find this reply extremely insulting and offensive. Have I insulted you? No.
    Have you sunk to a new level? Yes.
    Am I entitled to an opinion? Yes.
    Will I be taking this further? You bet.
    Did you get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning Simon? You seem a little offended so let me explain my post. I called you simple because that's how I see people who base their judgement on nothing more than Twitter posts. I then mentioned 'arsehole mode' because you talked of them getting a pay rise for this. I suppose I could have put 'utterly, breathtakingly stupid mode', but arsehole was quicker to type and seems to be permitted by the swear filter. I finished by saying that even though your verdict could well prove to be correct, it's better to leave it until the facts are known.

Anyway, I am now in tears and won't sleep tonight because of the threats you made against me. Any chance you could let me have the CEO's address so I can make a complaint as well?

Hi 'Simon'. I can confirm that the board is indeed temporarily moderated, by me, as you well know having messaged me on several occasions in my capacity as TempMod. In case my reply hasn't reached you, in order to escalate a complaint higher than my non-pay grade you simply need to click the 'report post' button below any post which you feel is inappropriate or which has not been moderated to your satisfaction.

Having read and re-read the post which appears to have upset you I decided that it didn't require any further action, based on the fact that this is a football messageboard and a gentle non-swearing 'rib' such as Elite made, using a 'play on words' based on your username is, in my opinion, 'par for the course'. I myself have received far worse, for example, and not banned anyone ...yet. I appreciate that each of us has our own threshold of acceptability though.

Naturally you are entitled to escalate your complaint using the provided system if you feel it appropriate and if you believe I may have made an error of judgement in this important matter.

May I also draw your attention to the section in the 'sticky' entitled Forum Rules, from which you quoted elsewhere, marked 'Complaints', where the procedure is explained as follows...

"Complaints.
    If a member has a complaint against another member/moderator/admin, or a post/thread, the member should contact a member of the admin team using the complain/report links throughout the site and under each post. Complaints made publicly on the Forum will be removed. Failure to do so in the correct manner may result in you receiving a warning."
    Last edited by SwalePie; 21-08-2019 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Are you seriously comparing your ‘abuse’ with Paul Pogba’s?
    Don’t get me wrong, Elite gets on my t1ts with a lot of stuff he writes but if you’re seriously offended by what he’s written then I’m more dismayed at you than him!
    Just tell him to get bent and get on with your life!
    Ask yourself this.
    If someone called you that to your face how would you react? Exactly. Easy to hide behind a keyboard. If that's your own personal standards then fine Online abuse IS online abuse.

"Threads/posts considered to be offensive to other members or non-members, or considered as bad taste may be edited/deleted by one of the Forum moderators."

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Did you get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning Simon? You seem a little offended so let me explain my post. I called you simple because that's how I see people who base their judgement on nothing more than Twitter posts. I then mentioned 'arsehole mode' because you talked of them getting a pay rise for this. I suppose I could have put 'utterly, breathtakingly stupid mode', but arsehole was quicker to type and seems to be permitted by the swear filter. I finished by saying that even though your verdict could well prove to be correct, it's better to leave it until the facts are known.

Anyway, I am now in tears and won't sleep tonight because of the threats you made against me. Any chance you could let me have the CEO's address so I can make a complaint as well?
    i prefered arsehole mode tbf,it was more accurate in this instance.

i wonder if the 'accused' are found to have done nothing wrong after a full investigation and not trial by social media they will be emailing any CEO's to take action against those making wild accusations and damning verdicts on a situation they only know about because they read it on a forum and jumped on the bandwagon of guilty until proven innocent.

also get a grip STP you lost an argument because you were in the wrong, no need to play the victim card and go full on snowflake just admit you were wrong and move on EP doesnt hold grudges....much and will accept your apology graciously.... im sure

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast