+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Stevie May Is Gone

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Stevie May was yet another player who didn’t fit into McInnes system so he ended up running around a lot doing all of the donkey work for Cosgrove.

Tommy Wright will play him to his strengths,a bit like Clarke did with Stewart and he will do well for them.
    This is my feeling too and one of my biggest frustrations with McInnes. He signs players he likes but doesn't necessarily need, wedging them into positions for which they're ill suited, negating their abilities in the process.

That and the football's absolutely rotten.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Stevie May was yet another player who didn’t fit into McInnes system so he ended up running around a lot doing all of the donkey work for Cosgrove.

Tommy Wright will play him to his strengths,a bit like Clarke did with Stewart and he will do well for them.
    I have said Stevie May will do well for a manager who uses him correctly. McInnes never really used the lad properly and in the end he cost us the best part of £400,000 being thrown away because the boring chunt that is McInnes insists on 1 up top.
    No wonder our strikers aren’t fulfilling their potential...it’s a poisoned chalice of a job now being the Aberdeen striker.

On a separate note i won't be heartbroken to see Gleeson leave before the window closes and i've every confidence he won't come back to haunt us.

Quote Originally Posted by magictorch View Post
    On a separate note i won't be heartbroken to see Gleeson leave before the window closes and i've every confidence he won't come back to haunt us.
    I am confident that the only thing Gleeson would haunt is a house.

There will definitely be no one coming in. Even if Gleeson moved on as well! Seasons a c unt phucker so far

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    There will definitely be no one coming in. Even if Gleeson moved on as well! Seasons a c unt phucker so far
    Since McInnes bemoaned his recruitment following the Motherwell semi the squad's been diluted with each passing window. The only positive is that as we've regressed so too have Hearts, Hibs, Killie, St Johnstone etc. Poor as we are i think we've a reasonable chance of finishing third.

The downside is there's now daylight between Celtic, Sevco & ourselves and that needn't have been the case.

Quote Originally Posted by magictorch View Post
    This is my feeling too and one of my biggest frustrations with McInnes. He signs players he likes but doesn't necessarily need, wedging them into positions for which they're ill suited, negating their abilities in the process.

That and the football's absolutely rotten.
    I agree with this that McInnes takes in players who's impressed him with little thought about how they'll actually fit into his tedious inflexible system.

However, May had to go. It hasn't worked, and it got to the stage where I had completely given up on him actually ever even finding space in a goal scoring position let alone finding the back of the net.

The departure though does make us another body light in the squad, and in my opinion, seems perilously thin. Which makes it baffling why McInnes has ruled out another signing.

We may also get rid of Gleeson, which although no loss, is another squad member away.

We seem like a rudderless ship destined to run aground somewhere in middle table, a League Cup quarter final defeat and probably an early exit from the Scottish Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I have said Stevie May will do well for a manager who uses him correctly. McInnes never really used the lad properly and in the end he cost us the best part of £400,000 being thrown away because the boring chunt that is McInnes insists on 1 up top.
    No wonder our strikers aren’t fulfilling their potential...it’s a poisoned chalice of a job now being the Aberdeen striker.
    St Johnstone a shoe in for third then with May topping the goalscoring charts.
    Especially now he has a manager to play him properly

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    St Johnstone a shoe in for third then with May topping the goalscoring charts.
    Especially now he has a manager to play him properly
    That's a somewhat facetious misrepresentation of what RED_JOHN said.

It's not unreasonable to think Wright will utilise May better than McInnes and May will enjoy more success with St Johnstone than he did with us.

Doesn't mean they'll finish third (they won't) nor that May will finish top goalscorer (he won't).

Was more sarcasm than facetious.
    Let’s see how successful he is on his return.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast