+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mikey Devlin

cant believe hes been called up at this time , totally agree with last post give him a chance of getting his fitness and sharpness back not getting injured by some clown trying to impress for selection .
    he has started to look like the player he was initially. I wish him all the best in the future to force himself into the scotland setup but its just too early
    if this was one of the cheeks players and they had the defensive issues with injuries we have theres no way he would be allowed to go
    we are too saft

Quote Originally Posted by redtaz View Post
    if this was one of the cheeks players and they had the defensive issues with injuries we have theres no way he would be allowed to go
    we are too saft
    Too saft or perhaps too avaricious. Probably Milne's eyes have big £ signs in them. Scotland caps increase the value of a player don't they 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Fu cking nonsense.

After his first full competitive game in ages, a clear weekend to continue ongoing rehab and deal with any reaction to Saturday, would've been just the thing.

Now he'll be away fu cking about on this cluster**** rather than working with the fitness/physio people at the Pitt.

Watch, he'll come back fu cking injured again.
    He wont play.

Chances are it will be better for him to keep training with the Scotland squad to a more competitive standard than getting a few days off and light training with the club

Quote Originally Posted by Stavrum View Post
    He wont play.

Chances are it will be better for him to keep training with the Scotland squad to a more competitive standard than getting a few days off and light training with the club
    He wasnt going to play when he was in that squad around October 2018.

Didnt stop him getting crocked & being out for months.

I'd rather he was nowhere near the Scotland squad. He wont play, but that wont stop him risking getting injured again which is just what we need.

He'd be far better off resting up & training with our squad...

=The_Moog;39316417He'd be far better off resting up & training with our squad...

Where he'd still run the risk of being injured.

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    Where he'd still run the risk of being injured.
    Maybe - but at least we'd be managing his situation to our benefit rather than that of a Scotland squad from which he's nae going to get a game.

I know where I'd rather he was this week & it aint with Scotland...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Maybe - but at least we'd be managing his situation to our benefit rather than that of a Scotland squad from which he's nae going to get a game.

I know where he'd rather be and that's really all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post

What about Devin himself ?..... If we stopped him from going , there’s every chance we’d have an extremely pissed-off player on our hands.

It’d also send out a message to other potential signings that we might stand in their way of an international call-up

I find it rather amusing even though Scotland are very short of decent central defenders that Andrew Considine doesn’t even get thought of. I wonder how?!

I would have thought Halkett a more realistic call up than Devlin who was 1 game back from injury

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast