+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: O/T Sir Geoffrey Boycott

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Funny but if he was from Lancashire & played for Lancashire we probably would dislike him.
    GKOTW dislikes him because he's from Barnsley

In spite of his obvious batting ability and cricket achievements there are many things to dislike about Sir Geoffrey. Not sure if I ever saw him play, all my 'live' games were at Bramall Lane so shows how long ago that was. If he played in the last game there then I saw him.

Horrible bloke, Never batted for Yorkshire. Never batted for England. Always batted for Boycott.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Horrible bloke, Never batted for Yorkshire. Never batted for England. Always batted for Boycott.
    Yes indeed, shows how thick the selectors were, it took them more than 100 test matches to work it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes indeed, shows how thick the selectors were, it took them more than 100 test matches to work it out.
    Yes indeed, and bloody typical.

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    So a woman gets verbally abused at Doncaster Keepmoat Stadium and it’s wrong, yet a guy can thump a woman in the mouth and get a knighthood from a failed Prime Minister.
    Ed Miliband said he was his hero too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11095180

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Ed Miliband said he was his hero too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11095180
    That must have made Boycott's day!!

Somebody saying Ed Miliband was their childhood hero, now that would be front page news.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    GKOTW dislikes him because he's from Barnsley

In spite of his obvious batting ability and cricket achievements there are many things to dislike about Sir Geoffrey. Not sure if I ever saw him play, all my 'live' games were at Bramall Lane so shows how long ago that was. If he played in the last game there then I saw him.
    Last first class game there was Auh 73 against Lancs and Boycs did play. Hope the link works.

https://cricketarchive.com/Yorkshire.../33/33650.html

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Last first class game there was Auh 73 against Lancs and Boycs did play. Hope the link works.

https://cricketarchive.com/Yorkshire.../33/33650.html
    Thanks Grist. Yes that's the game, was there for the last day and the most exciting action was folks digging up turf from the square at stumps. I would have been 12 at the time and went with Pete Carr (ex RUFC) and his older brother who would have been 15. Parents let their kids wander far and wide in those days without much fear.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Thanks Grist. Yes that's the game, was there for the last day and the most exciting action was folks digging up turf from the square at stumps. I would have been 12 at the time and went with Pete Carr (ex RUFC) and his older brother who would have been 15. Parents let their kids wander far and wide in those days without much fear.
    Ive taken some insults and abuse on here but this is possibly the worst.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast