+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Absolutely over the moon. (my take on the game)

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Over the moon with the game. The possession means nothing when you enjoy a game and we had enough of it in the right areas.
    You find it hard to give your own club any credit...so sad.
    I do give the team credit when they play well but we did not play well. Was over the moon with the result and the two brothers playing.

Other than that no more positives to be taken from it

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    I do give the team credit when they play well but we did not play well. Was over the moon with the result and the two brothers playing.

Other than that no more positives to be taken from it
    But we did play well. We played very well when you consider the changes made to our team.
    If you watched the game you'd know we played well.
    I don't give a damn about how many changes Man Utd had to make. They had well enough players with well enough plusses to be more than a threat and we nullified them and took the game to them, also.

I can take massive positives from that game, all over the park so how you can't is beyond me...but....you are your own boss and if you can't take any real delight from that game then so be it. I thoroughly enjoyed it and that's what counts.

But we did play well. We played very well when you consider the changes made to our team.
    If you watched the game you'd know we played well.
    I don't give a damn about how many changes Man Utd had to make. They had well enough players with well enough plusses to be more than a threat and we nullified them and took the game to them, also.

I can take massive positives from that game, all over the park so how you can't is beyond me...but....you are your own boss and if you can't take any real delight from that game then so be it. I thoroughly enjoyed it and that's what counts.
    2 shots on target and 4 corners and we really took the game to them aye right

Some people really don't understand what the game is all about.

Yes it's about winning but it's about winning the right way and thoroughly deserving that win conclusively.

It's not about two shots on target or 4 corners. It's about enjoying the game of football and seeing players performing and entertaining you. I got the lot and thoroughly enjoyed it.

If you want to argue shots then mention the other 10 that weren't on target but were potential very good chances in a few.
    Anyway, as I said, you feel free to play it down, it's your choice, obviously.

As for me, I'll say it again. I was absolutely over the moon.

It's not about two shots on target or 4 corners. It's about enjoying the game of football and seeing players performing and entertaining you. I got the lot and thoroughly enjoyed it.

If you want to argue shots then mention the other 10 that weren't on target but were potential very good chances in a few.

But Man U had 12 shots and 3 on target we only had 31% possession man, which is slightly more than the Brighton game

Put the game into true perspective rather than creaming your pants overs a one nil win to a terrible Man U side

No...we won so you thought you'd use it with your Bruce/Ashley lobe in...nothing more than one tiny little pearl you can use in your agenda.

We were playing better football than that last year and you were complaining!

But Man U had 12 shots and 3 on target we only had 31% possession man, which is slightly more than the Brighton game

Put the game into true perspective rather than creaming your pants overs a one nil win to a terrible Man U side
    I don't care about the 31% possession. It was a good game to watch and we won. It really is as simple as that.
    It was a good game to watch for all the reasons I specified.
    If you didn't enjoy it then that's your affair.

I don't care about the 31% possession. It was a good game to watch and we won. It really is as simple as that.
    It was a good game to watch for all the reasons I specified.
    If you didn't enjoy it then that's your affair.
    So last season you whinged non stop about Benitez playing defensive low possession football trying to nick the odd goal.
    This season you are not bothered about Bruce playing defensive (31%possession) trying to Nick the odd goal .
    Total wum

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSausage View Post
    So last season you whinged non stop about Benitez playing defensive low possession football trying to nick the odd goal.
    This season you are not bothered about Bruce playing defensive (31%possession) trying to Nick the odd goal .
    Total wum
    20% possession against Spurs, 31% possession against Man U

The same OP would have completely slated Rafa for identical tactics but it’s The Mighty Bruce/ Ashley partnership that’s got him creaming his pants.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)