+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 513 of 560 FirstFirst ... 13413463503511512513514515523 ... LastLast
Results 5,121 to 5,130 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    I suspect if they (say) cantilevered over Pittodrie Street it would be an Easement rather than an ownership issue but i also suspect that never crossed their minds
    I don't know whether it did or it didn't.
    I'd presume it may have been briefly discussed and quickly dismissed due to costs and ability to generate and income towards the redevelopment / move.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I don't know whether it did or it didn't.
    I'd presume it may have been briefly discussed and quickly dismissed due to costs and ability to generate and income towards the redevelopment / move.
    We speculate.
    Of course it could have been quickly dismissed because it didn't fit a pre-concieved agenda? Had it (and similar alternatives) been discussed at length - who knows, perhaps there would have been a way to generate income and stay put?

We speculate.
    Of course it could have been quickly dismissed because it didn't fit a pre-concieved agenda? Had it (and similar alternatives) been discussed at length - who knows, perhaps there would have been a way to generate income and stay put?
    They are generating income. All SM cronies are key suppliers

I suspect if they (say) cantilevered over Pittodrie Street it would be an Easement rather than an ownership issue but i also suspect that never crossed their minds
    That stand at the old ATM ground with a busy road going under it is a good example of what could have been done.

We speculate.
    Possibly.
    They would no doubt have it in their heads that a huge part of that income generation would be from the sale of Pittodrie.
    What would have replaced that income had we stayed put?

I read before (although it may have been on a forum so nothing direct) that Cormack and the American investors got involved because of the new stadium.
    Would we have generated the external investment without a move?

So I accept there was likely a pre-conceived agenda, but the question really remains if there was any coherent alternative proposed to persuade a different way of thinking

Christ, they could have just built on Pittodrie Street, nobody uses it anyway unless they are going to Pittodrie for something.

If the council objected then just get new councillors.
    I would have bothered my a’rse to vote in local council elections if that was an issue.

They have never seriously looked into staying at Pittodrie because someone we know likes to build new hooses in ridiculous out of the way places.

In the process they will kill our football club.

What f’uckin good has external investment been?

Apart from the Donalds clearing the debt

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

What f’uckin good has external investment been?

Apart from the Donalds clearing the debt
    Surely any investment coming into the club is good, whether it was for redeveloping Pittodrie or for the new stadium.
    It all goes towards offsetting the costs

Possibly.
    They would no doubt have it in their heads that a huge part of that income generation would be from the sale of Pittodrie.

I read before (although it may have been on a forum so nothing direct) that Cormack and the American investors got involved because of the new stadium.

So I accept there was likely a pre-conceived agenda, but the question really remains if there was any coherent alternative proposed to persuade a different way of thinking
    I don't know - filling Pittodrie with a winning team?

Possibly.

Milne had no intention of staying or maintaining Pittodrie.

As for Cormack and his American investors, he can phuck off anytime he wants.

Challenger Brand w@nkers.

Page 513 of 560 FirstFirst ... 13413463503511512513514515523 ... LastLast