+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Absolutely over the moon. (my take on the game)

What I find amusing is the only fans or idiots that keep mentioning Rafa are those that wanted him to leave and are trying to justify the appointment of Bruce.
    They compare the start this season to last but those that wanted Rafa to stay are not allowed to mention past seasons.
    Rafa left for more money and the fact he wanted to improve our academy.Nothing wrong with that if you ask me.Apparently a mercenary is someone who leaves for more pay,is that correct.
    Well what the fùck is Bruce then,that fat pie faced cùnt will be on more wedge here than the last post and owner he walked out on and did the dirty on.Thats acceptable because it's not Rafa.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    What I find amusing is the only fans or idiots that keep mentioning Rafa are those that wanted him to leave and are trying to justify the appointment of Bruce.
    They compare the start this season to last but those that wanted Rafa to stay are not allowed to mention past seasons.
    Rafa left for more money and the fact he wanted to improve our academy.Nothing wrong with that if you ask me.Apparently a mercenary is someone who leaves for more pay,is that correct.
    Well what the fùck is Bruce then,that fat pie faced cùnt will be on more wedge here than the last post and owner he walked out on and did the dirty on.Thats acceptable because it's not Rafa.
    Bruce behaved despicably with Sheffield Weds for me he is not a man of integrity after pulling a stunt like that

He is a complete mercenary who will unfortunately for us be found out in the months to come.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I have looked at what evidence is available however circumstantial it may be and how speculative much of it generally is from any side.
    However there's a lot more to just saying Rafa wanted to stay and build the club.
    Any manager can come up with that stuff. A project and what not...but for how long is the project?

Rafa got plenty of backing in his 3 seasons. The issue is in people choosing to concentrate on NET spends being the only worthwhile dealing as if outgoing player sales do not count for anything.

Rafa had enough to build on top of a build. He failed up to the point of him leaving, in my honest opinion.
    The if's and but's of whether he stayed and would've, could've done this and that is down to how each individual sees it with speculative foresight, based on what they believe is a potential.

For me the potential was nullified when he refused to sign a contract and we can all argue whether it was for lack of funds offered or not enough funds being acceptable to him, both in wages and in transfer fees.

Anyone can make a guess at that and none of us know the facts of it, except to rely on rumours and an adherence to one specific person or another in terms of favouritism. And we all know the answer to that...for now.

Witnesses to what?
    Also, history may be written by the winners/survivors but it doesn't necessarily have to be known to be factual...only the winners/survivors version of events.
    So who are the witnesses to what you're referring to with Newcastle United?

Again it's how it's looked at.
    Most people wanted Perez out of the club earlier on.
    He didn't take too kindly to the boos and such and let the fans know, whi9ch only alienated him so much so that he chose to leave.
    That's not Ashley selling him on for profit...and if it was he'd have been gone to Tottenham when they expressed keen interest a few years ago.
    The same has applied to a lot of players wanting out.
    So what can Ashley and co do other than to make sure they don't leave on the cheap?

As for buying players in for later profit. You don't pay 30/40 million for a player like Linton with a mindset to sell him on for profit. You're more likely going to to have to get him well up to speed and being a Shearer before his price tag rose heavily...so that's basically not right, surely.
    Rushing through purchases in order to make profit on the rest.
    Willens is a loan.
    Krafth is unlikely to command any more than was paid out.
    The Saint has potential.
    The Longstaff's have potential. All of them can prove it at Newcastle if they choose to do so. If they opt out by hewad turning for clubs and are adamant, then what can we do?

There's only so much you can be held to ransom for.
    At the start of the season the rumours on here were about losing Dubravka and Longstaff and Schar...etc.....etc. The one's that went were the one's most accepted were surplus to requirements.

Anything to crucify Ashley is fair game for some and if that's the case then get on with it...but life's too short to keep the bitterness up and being ultra negative about the club at every available opportunity.

I absolutely totally disagree with that.
    The outgoing's catered for a large chunk of the new signings, just like Rafa's did in his time.

He had no choice because he wasted the budget he had on players he refused to use and players he refused to play and yet left himself the scrapings for a striker (Joselu) because he was a grafter first, back up defence second and striker as a passing thought.
    Then there was Kenedy as an emergency loan and Dubravka also as an emergency trust keeper with massive fingers crossed. It worked.
    The same as Almiron worked at first with another loan of Rondon, adding to a resurgent Perez.

I'd call it a last ditch throw of the dice in those cases because bad spending forced the issue.
    That's how I saw it.

What else can he say on becoming manager?
    F*ck me.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    The fact is that Fat boy backed Bruce in the transfer market (Joelinton, Saint, Willems, Kraft) and he didn’t back Rafa. If he had done all of us would be happy because we would still have a good manager who had been backed.
    The situation has been spectacularly mis handled by Ashley.

IMO comparing Bruce’ performance to Rafa’s isn’t fair because the former was backed.
    Fat Pig hated Rafa.

The simple fact is that Rafa didn't leave for more money.

Yes, he's getting more money but that is NOT the same as leaving for more money.

He left because fatso wouldn't back his plans to develop the Academy or invest properly in the team and because Rafa was never going to be an arse-licking 'yes man' like Kinnear, McClown, Pardew, Carver or , now, Bruce.

Fuck me, what a list of shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

Yes, he's getting more money but that is NOT the same as leaving for more money.
    You don't know if that's a fact.
    Don't you think it's not a tad strange how his work permit and China deal was done and dusted immediately as his contract expired?

This had to have been done during his contract with Newcastle.
    Look how long it took him to sort out a contract with Newcastle.

Do you believe he's simply got a phone call as soon as his contract expired with Newcastle, saying " Hello Rafa, how's 12 million a season sound?....Get yourself over and sign with the us and we will fast track everything for you.".....?

The issue should more likely be, did both the club and Rafa know he was going to China and it was all signed sealed and delivered.
    I certainly don't know the facts but can you honestly say you do?

He left because fatso wouldn't back his plans to develop the Academy or invest properly in the team and because Rafa was never going to be an arse-licking 'yes man' like Kinnear, McClown, Pardew, Carver or , now, Bruce.

Or maybe he left because he wanted more than what was offered.
    That may look favourably for Rafa if looked at from a position of some fans believing Rafa has this honesty and integrity and such....but is it all as done and dusted as it appears?
    I certainly don't think so.

The above sums it up succinctly. Ghost, please read, note and try to understand, difficult though it may be.

I honestly dont know why you all bother with the mackem.Even his scruffy friends on the board he licks arse on are now telling him to fùck off and are telling him he talks sh1te.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    I honestly dont know why you all bother with the mackem.Even his scruffy friends on the board he licks arse on are now telling him to fùck off and are telling him he talks sh1te.
    stick a link up

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    stick a link up
    Now your asking Kev,noticed it last week when I wanted a little laugh at the meltdown they were having over the takeover collapse.Them scruffy tramps have thousands of replies to threads so cant be bothered trawling every one of them.His name over there is Nukehasselfan if you want to look.
    He is 100 percent mackem.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)