+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Chelsea v toon match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Jacko View Post
    One positive we held our own away at Chelsea and could well of come away with a point. Just Fu(king forget Ashley for a second because that's what you and everyone else keep bleating on about but as far as I can see it's Bruce people are against or just simply don't want to succeed. It's Fu(king pathetic. We played the same with Rafa some awful possession and sometimes performances to go With it but we picked up results here and there and you were happy. I don't get it I really don't.
    You're right, to a degree. It has to be said (and quite a few of us, in fairness, have said it) that some of the football under Rafa was shocking to watch but, with him, there was hope that, once he got the defence sorted, that the quality of football would improve.

Which it did. We were never going to be a purist's second team but some of our counter-attacking was exciting to watch, a lot of our passing moves were really good and we were extremely well-organised.

Can you genuinely say that you think Bruce's plan is to organise the defence then start playing front-foot, attacking football and make us a decent team?And that he is a manager capable of doing that? Everything about his past record suggests not.

Fans generally are approaching the end of their tether-if they haven't already reached it-and people's patience runs mighty thin when that happens. We're playing some shocking football and we're in the bottom 3. I'm not surprised folk are having a go.

Mind, this is exactly why (apart from the fact that he is cheap and a yes-man) fatso appointed Bruce-he knew he'd be an unpopular appointment and would deflect some of the criticism away from himself and onto Bruce because of it. I even heard a pundit peddling the 'it's because he was sunlun manager' line...and no-one challenged him on it! They just sit and nod their heads in agreement and bemusement at these small-minded, over-expectant Geordies.
    Last edited by Zippity; 19-10-2019 at 05:05 PM. Reason: ffs, man..I've got sh!te for fingers today!

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    If we didn't want to succeed we'd be complaining about winning ugly...

We are not playing well and it's not just about possession...there's no obvious plan or way of playing that says the goals will come!

What's pathetic is having a go at fellow supporters for not pretending everything is great!

If Bruce had us playing well or going in the right direction you would have a point...but we've played our worst football since Mcclaren.
    But yet were on more points than Rafa had managed by this many games last season

But yet were on more points than Rafa had managed by this many games last season
    And there it is.Everything is fine then.Give me strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    You're right, to a degree. It has to be said (and quite a few of us, in fairness, have said it) that some of the football under Rafa was shocking to watch but, with him, there was hope that, once he got the defence sorted, that the quality of football would improve.

Which it did. We were never going to be a purist's second team but some of our counter-attacking was exciting to watch, a lot of our passing moves were really good and we were extremely well-organised.

Can you genuinely say that you think Bruce's plan is to organise the defence then start playing front-foot, attacking football and make us a decent team?And that he is a manager capable of doing that? Everything about his past record suggests not.

Fans generally are approaching the end of their tether-if they haven't already reached it-and people's patience runs mighty thin when that happens. We're playing some shocking football and we're in the bottom 3. I'm not surprised folk are having a go.

Mind, this is exactly why (apart from the fact that he is cheap and a yes-man) fatso appointed Bruce-he knew he'd be an unpopular appointment and would deflect some of the criticism away from himself and onto Bruce because of it. I even heard a pundit peddling the 'it's because he was sunlun manager' line...and no-one challenged him on it! They just sit and nod their heads in agreement and bemusement at these small-minded, over-expectant Geordies.
    Zipp I agree with everything you have said there apart from the bit where you say Bruce was hired to deflect some of the criticism away from Ashley.He was hired to take ALL the criticism away.Shearer warned him before he took the job.

Haha...jesus wept...

I'll tell you what, petal...if I think we are ****, then I will say so..okay..

Let's hope we end up with more points than Rafa got us by the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    Haha...jesus wept...

I'll tell you what, petal...if I think we are ****, then I will say so..okay..
    Yeah that's absolutely fine and I have not said otherwise just don't call me petal behind your keyboard you patronising pr1ck

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Held our own,okay if you say so.Game I watched Dubravka kept the score down and Chelsea missed a fair few sitters.
    As for Ashley my point is that where we are is accepted as we have had years of his bad decisions,but we cant mention Bruce or Ashley can we.Where as people like yourself that are happy with what they see and have to put up with can keep going back to Rafa.
    Selective for your own arguments spring to mind.Also whilst you have brought Rafas name into things,can you tell me a game where we didn't have a corner or shot on target whilst he was manager.
    You cant,it didnt happen.Yes we had some awful displays but not as bad as that.There wont be a team all season in any division that doesnt have a corner or shot in a game.We did today though.
    Also seeing as it was a fantastic Chelsea team that have struggled at home this season,the fixtures we have coming up,we should have a chance of winning them all shouldnt we?
    There 4th in the league pal 2 points off second and your talking like we should of turned them over at there place. Give your head a bang and be realistic.

Yeah that's absolutely fine and I have not said otherwise just don't call me petal behind your keyboard you patronising pr1ck
    Actually you said anybody not happy at the moment was pathetic! Is that not patronising?

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    And there it is.Everything is fine then.Give me strength.
    But it was fine being on less points with Rafa? I just don't get it, give man a chance that's all I'm saying.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)