+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 329 of 349 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 3487

Thread: O/T DDay for Brexit..well sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I can't see the current Labour Party electing a Blairite like Keir.

Even though a number of female MPs are currently at risk of being deselected by Corbyn cronies, I think Labour will go for a female leader.

Jess Phillips would be my pick, not least because there is an element of stand up comedian about both her and BoJo and it would make for a few laughs when she takes him on at PMQs. I can't see her getting the gig, however. The party will go for either Thornberry or the truly awful Rebecca Long-Bailey.
    Phillips, Thornberry and Long-bailey are all equally intelligent IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Get away with what? The law required Johnson so send a letter asking for an extension. I would argue that he has done that. That he has also chosen to make it clear that the UK government does not want an extension is simply setting out the actual position.
    It seems to me that he has complied with the "law" but was not required or instructed to sign such a letter, a minor detail that the lawyers who drafted the "legislation" did not dot the I's & cross the T's so some other lawyers have come up with this idea that Johnson could send a second contradictory letter, as he has not been instructed not to do so
    Lawyers eh?
    Very Kerrish who should be proud of his alledged profession

Must admit Boris has tried to do a good job FOR the ERG and Cummings. The ERG and Cummings- the real gang leader-remind me of a gang of naughty schoolboys who needed someone stupid and gullible to carry out the dirty work for them (a sort of Bernard Bresslaw buffoon type). Its a bit like them asking Boris to go and rob a sweet shop promising him an extra packet of polos if he does it only to bugger off fast when the coppers turn up as he is carrying out the robbery then denying all knowledge of knowing him when the coppers catch up with them.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 20-10-2019 at 11:57 AM.

Brxiteers out there rejoice I believe the end is nigh... You wanted out, it is coming...democracy has prevailed...

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Brxiteers out there rejoice I believe the end is nigh... You wanted out, it is coming...democracy has prevailed...
    No sir, roly
    Brexiteers wanted to be free of EU
    This deal does not deliver that & is about 90% of Mays' awful deal
    It's remainers that should be rejoicing

Must admit Boris has tried to do a good job FOR the ERG and Cummings. The ERG and Cummings- the real gang leader-remind me of a gang of naughty schoolboys who needed someone stupid and gullible to carry out the dirty work for them (a sort of Bernard Bresslaw buffoon type). Its a bit like them asking Boris to go and rob a sweet shop promising him an extra packet of polos if he does it only to bugger off fast when the coppers turn up as he is carrying out the robbery then denying all knowledge of knowing him when the coppers catch up with them.
    Wouldn't argue with that roly

The original question was:

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

So my question is why was a deal sought to be negotiated then in the first place once the leave vote won? Who's idea was that?

If it had to be negotiated surely that should have been one of the options. The reason why I say this is because I think this choice would have had the most votes.

So the original question should have been:Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union without a deal or with a deal?

The original question was flawed and too simplistic and has created a lot of aggro since It was never a binary option. I blame Cameron and the ERG.

By your argument exile the remainers also lost because they could argue that they are not wholly remaining in the EU if we come out with a negotiated deal.

In fact the only conclusion we can come to in this sorry tale is no fecker has won.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 20-10-2019 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    You do surprise me animal..
    I too like Keir Starmer, Jess Phillips and Yvette Cooper. Unfortunately I doubt any of these will get anywhere near leadership whilst Jon Lansman and Co are pulling the strings.
    Andy Burnham was my choice when Ed Miliband stepped down and we all know how that turned out.
    It’s another step backwards if someone like Emily Thornberry is elected leader.
    Whether I like it or not Frank the electorate have no appetite for left wing policies , it's no appetite for Corbyn and Abbott even if there are some left policies they would sign up to .

We've had a decade of brutal austerity and the pantomime that is brexit , we are on our third Tory PM during this period plus a Deputy PM in Clegg and still Labour trail in the polls .

The alternative is for the ERG running the show so something has to give .

The only way Labour will see power again is to reboot New Labour in my opinion .

Hopefully Starmer who despite his Blair credentials has at least shown a willingness to work with the left and can understand the problems many working class people are facing today and more importantly putting policies in play that actually help them to prosper far more than they did under Blair .

For Labour to get in to government my multi millionaire owner at work needs to vote for them , middle management , the lads on the shop floor and the lass at the snack cabin around the corner .

Currently there isn't a vote within the business heading Labour's way .

Surely it is up to Labour to get their left wing message across by being seen to be out supporting disputes, strikes and campaigns animal. Workers need to know that Labour mps are truly on their side by their actions and not just with what they say. How can working class people identify with blairites who wouldn't know what a strike was let alone support it.

The original question was:

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

So my question is why was a deal sought to be negotiated then in the first place once the leave vote won? Who's idea was that?

If it had to be negotiated surely that should have been one of the options. The reason why I say this is because I think this choice would have had the most votes.

So the original question should have been:Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union without a deal or with a deal?

The original question was flawed and too simplistic and has created a lot of aggro since It was never a binary option. I blame Cameron and the ERG.

By your argument exile the remainers also lost because they could argue that they are not wholly remaining in the EU if we come out with a negotiated deal.

In fact the only conclusion we can come to in this sorry tale is no fecker has won.
    It may have escaped your notice roly [understanably following 3 years of Soubry,Clarke,Wollerton,Thornberry,Benn, Blair Cameron & many more remoaners] that leave won & remain lost

Page 329 of 349 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339 ... LastLast