+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 145 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1551

Thread: O/T:- Who needs Parliament?

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Nonsense Swale. Rightly or wrongly a vote was held wasn't it? We were all told the vote would be implemented were we not? Did not Parliament overwhelmingly vote to trigger Article 50 and get it sorted by March 31st? All this so called "confirmatory" / "peoples" vote is really saying lets have another referendum isn't it? You are correct that the last three years have been a meaningless waste of time, mostly brought on by continued objections by weak politicians. May was an atrocious weak PM trying to be a "goody goody" person and appease everybody ..... and rightly failed. Call Boris what you want but what he's done in a few short months is remarkable. If he gets his deal signed off this week he will be classed as a true leader despite everything being thrown against him, and I mean everything, over the past two or three months. If he fails ... and this is the crunch, he will get his GE (which he wants)and absolutely walk it ....... you wait and see. Corbyn's front bench plebs are a national disgrace to any moderate Labour supporter and will be destroyed once and for all.
    If you are suggesting what he has done is remarkable in a good sense of the word, then I think you might need to consider changing your username.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Not unexpected when attempting to railroad the country into following a decision on which they have changed their mind long since.
    Just went to check my Yahoo mailbox, and there was a poll asking "new Brexit referendum, yes or no?"....I hit the "no" button, obviously, and the result popped up "no 60%, yes 40%".......no idea of the number of Yahooers that took part but I´m guessing the number is pretty sizeable.......IMO there is not the appetite out there for another referendum despite a vocal bunch of Remainers like Shouting Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by pingu_pie View Post
    If you are suggesting what he has done is remarkable in a good sense of the word, then I think you might need to consider changing your username.
    Tell me why it's in a BAD sense of the word then.

So how many meaningful votes has this 'remarkable PM' won since taking office?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Just went to check my Yahoo mailbox, and there was a poll asking "new Brexit referendum, yes or no?"....I hit the "no" button, obviously, and the result popped up "no 60%, yes 40%".......no idea of the number of Yahooers that took part but I´m guessing the number is pretty sizeable.......IMO there is not the appetite out there for another referendum despite a vocal bunch of Remainers like Shouting Steve.
    Yes Shouting Steve .......... should be employed by a circus dressed as a clown (comes naturally) standing outside the big top bellowing "Roll up Roll up " through his traffic cone. Just about the right employment for his limited speech - poor bloke. Then again he could be a late starter studying for a Phd in how to be a public idiot!

p.s. Just been watching the live news. If Boris's plan gets voted down, he'll scrap the agreement and call for an election. Corby's motley crew will have to agree because there won't be an agreement to hinder and no excuse not to hold a GE. As said earlier, the Tories will piss an election, Corbyn will be destroyed and once back in power, Boris will have the numbers to reintroduce his plan. Barnier has just said the Boris plan is the only one that will be considered So Hey Ho, job done and cheerio Comrade Steptoe!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So how many meaningful votes has this 'remarkable PM' won since taking office?
    Not enough numbers created by the Maybot's weakness. Rest easy Elite old chap, all will be well after the election.

p.s. Just been watching the live news. If Boris's plan gets voted down, he'll scrap the agreement and call for an election. Corby's motley crew will have to agree because there won't be an agreement to hinder and no excuse not to hold a GE. As said earlier, the Tories will piss an election, Corbyn will be destroyed and once back in power, Boris will have the numbers to reintroduce his plan. Barnier has just said the Boris plan is the only one that will be considered So Hey Ho, job done and cheerio Comrade Steptoe!
    That’s exactly what the last useless Tory Prime Minister thought right before she called an election.

Not enough numbers created by the Maybot's weakness. Rest easy Elite old chap, all will be well after the election.
    Your hero has repeatedly and loudly insisted that we are leaving the EU on October 31st.

I'm willing to bet you any sum you care to name that we will still be members of the EU on November 1st 2019.

I’m really looking forward to what the ReactionaryDinosaurPies think is going to be so much better about our lives if Johnson’s deal gets through.

Goodness, where to start?

Well, Elite started with a good one - he's lost every single vote so far, despite starting off with a majority government.
    Follow that by losing said majority by throwing his toys - and a bunch of his MPs - out of the party.
    Losing in the Supreme Court unanimously
    His ridiculous, tone-deaf performance upon the return to Westminster.
    The inability to answer to why he handed over huge amounts of my money - I live in London - to someone who wasn't in any way qualified to receive it, but happened to be a half decent looking blonde who let him in her flat.
    Bringing back a "great new deal" that is somehow worse than even May's one was - and founding it on a premise that he himself said he would never vote for.

I always thought he would be a disastrous choice as PM, but he's, nearly unbelievably, even worse than I imagined. He's a joke, and he's making the country even more of a joke.

Personally, I have always hated to see people who are feckless, self-aggrandising liars and cheats, who will stampede over everyone and everything in order to achieve one goal get rewarded with that very goal. Johnson has been an embarrassment and failure in everything he has ever done... except in conning people, and, sadly, he's done that one thing well enough to get to his dream.

Clearly so, as, despite this, you still think he's great. No doubt he will eventually find a way to ruin the country, as I am fully aware that he will win a GE as soon as one is held. Simply because there are many, many people in this country who clearly like to reward failure.

Page 145 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast