+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T - general election 2019

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Interesting to look at how another country organises their health provision Frog. Just a couple of questions:

What is the low income threshold for low earners?
    What protections are there if for example i am a low/mid income person who has basic insurance cover and then have an accident that requires extensive care at say 5 - 10k. Will my basic insurance cover me for that?
    How does the state/private subsidise/pay for the the cover so that all citizens are covered at the point of need? How do they ensure that wastage is avoided if we think that our NHS is wasteful?
    Are any people left out, unable to get treatment due to cost?
    Unemployed most on social security, the disabled and invalidity claiments with the latter two depending on earnings. You can earn x3 of the allowance before you lose your allowance.

Pensioners are entitled to home help like cleaning. Most old people have a visit or two per week as far as I know.
    When I had my op I had a daily visit from a nurse for the injection that was prescribed and cleaning and changing of the dressing. This was through a prescription given by the surgeon.

The state give a basic cover called CMU. Histoiregives basic cover. It covers things like NHS glasses, doctors appointments and everything you need as a base.

You don't have to take out the insurance but it's at your own risk.

Normally the state pays 60 -85% of the cost with the insurance picking up the rest.

It's more complicated than I have stated because you need to know what's available.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Unemployed most on social security, the disabled and invalidity claiments with the latter two depending on earnings. You can earn x3 of the allowance before you lose your allowance.

Pensioners are entitled to home help like cleaning. Most old people have a visit or two per week as far as I know.
    When I had my op I had a daily visit from a nurse for the injection that was prescribed and cleaning and changing of the dressing. This was through a prescription given by the surgeon.

The state give a basic cover called CMU. Histoiregives basic cover. It covers things like NHS glasses, doctors appointments and everything you need as a base.

You don't have to take out the insurance but it's at your own risk.

Normally the state pays 60 -85% of the cost with the insurance picking up the rest.

It's more complicated than I have stated because you need to know what's available.
    Thanks for info frog. Appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    We can agree on that gfire. Good summing up...
    Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    He's a neoliberal/ Blairite/ Notting Hill Tory.
    ......Come back Gordon Brown and Mo Mowlam ( RIP )...

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Interesting stay noticed today for fire and Roly. I think Labour have committed 4% rise to the NHS, just about what the NHS say is needed to provide what they need. The tories are busting a gut at committing to raise 3.4%.Blair and brown spent 6% a year to the NHS so they weren't all bad!
    Raise it by 10% and it will never be enough.

It’s broken.

The whole concept of life preservation above everything and the fact the NHS is a political football means the real issues won’t be addressed. Not for a generation or two anyway.

Start legalising drugs, regulate the pharmaceutical industry, debate euthanasia and address scores of other issues and you might find an answer.

A bit of global population control might help as well.

Just saying

The whole of Africa wants to come here and Labour are promoting freedom of movement. Don't think they want to win an election.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Raise it by 10% and it will never be enough.

It’s broken.

The whole concept of life preservation above everything and the fact the NHS is a political football means the real issues won’t be addressed. Not for a generation or two anyway.

Start legalising drugs, regulate the pharmaceutical industry, debate euthanasia and address scores of other issues and you might find an answer.

A bit of global population control might help as well.

Just saying
    Might never be enough to create a perfect world. But might be enough to improve what we have so that we might notice the improvement. I like the idea of progressive ideas on drugs and any areas that capture waste. But I struggle with the idea that as its bloody difficult we wipe up doing nowt. That's all we ever seem to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    The whole of Africa wants to come here and Labour are promoting freedom of movement. Don't think they want to win an election.
    The motion voted on at conferences is with reference to the EU and not Africa.

But as Corbyn said today it was a conference motion amd may not make the manifesto.

Read your own post above. 4%, 3.4%, 6% etc.

Historically we’ve always tried to do summat.

It’s broken. Get the NHS discussion on the propaganda thread.

It’s where it belongs.

The mood will change before you know it 😉

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    The motion voted on at conferences is with reference to the EU and not Africa.

But as Corbyn said today it was a conference motion amd may not make the manifesto.
    Wrong.

The motion referred to everyone, the whole world.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Wrong.

The motion referred to everyone, the whole world.
    This is from the Labour party Website. Definitely only EU. No mention of rest of the world.

"On its final day, Labour conference has approved a radical policy motion advocating the extension of free movement, the closure of all detention centres and the awarding of equal voting rights to all UK residents.

The party position on freedom of movement has been a source of tension within the party since the result of the 2016 EU referendum, after which Labour appeared to decide that this one of the EU’s four economic freedoms would not continue after Brexit.

Labour’s 2017 manifesto stated: “Freedom of movement will end when we leave the European Union.” In April, Jeremy Corbyn’s spokesperson confirmed that Labour policy was that freedom of movement would end with Brexit.

But Labour conference delegates this morning voted against that policy, and in favour of both maintaining and extending freedom of movement as part of a range of immigration policy pledges proposed by Camberwell and Peckham CLP.

The immigration motion approved supports the dismantling of the ‘hostile environment’ through a number of measures, from specific legislative moves to broader party campaign objectives.

In the UK, full voting rights are currently limited to citizens of the UK, Ireland and Commonwealth countries. EU citizens living in the UK can vote in local and European elections, but not general elections.

The motion seeks to instruct the next Labour government to change the situation, such that non-EU and non-Commonwealth citizens are awarded the right to vote in all elections. Nondiscriminatory national voting rights are rare, with New Zealand being a notable exception.

Ana Oppenheim, from the Labour Campaign for Free Movement and an organiser for Another Europe is Possible, commented: “In 2017, it was a source of shame for many activists that our manifesto included ending free movement. Now we can move forward not only committed to defending free movement, but to giving migrants to vote. If we win, the next election will be the last election in which people like me are shut out of the democratic process.”

The Labour Party is not strictly bound by policy passed at its annual conference. The vote on the immigration motion was overwhelming, with only part of the CWU delegation opposed it. However, it is the ‘Clause V’ meeting – held once an election is called – that decides which parts of the party programme are included in the party manifesto"

Page 24 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast