+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has Steve Bruce won over the fans?

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    So only Rafa had to win you over?
    He never had to win me over. It's not about winning me over. It's simply acceptance of a manager and a hope any manager does a decent job.
    If they don't do a decent job then I naturally want them out like any would.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    When one of his posts was quoted a few weeks back saying Bruce needs time to get the squad to gel and change from Rafa's style of play and management I was able to read the sh́te,but it was interesting in a way as the same man saying this was the one blaming Rafa for the last relegation.Didnt afford Rafa time to change mindset and get the team to gel.
    Wrong. By all means make up what you want but it doesn't make you right.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    Bruce is not The Manager he is a Coach and has he won me over No
    He's team manager ands coach to me, like all team managers and coaches.
    If the word "coach" is bandied about and people want to stick to that, then fair enough. However, he does more than just coach. like all managers.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    He's team manager ands coach to me, like all team managers and coaches.
    If the word "coach" is bandied about and people want to stick to that, then fair enough. However, he does more than just coach. like all managers.
    His official title is Head Coach

He does not manage the players. He has nothing to do with salaries, housing arrangements and transfers incoming or outgoing

You can butter him up anyway you want but he is a million miles away from being Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Curian View Post
    As much as I want the team to do well but want Ashley out - Bruce is and was not a smart exchange for Rafa. It is about the ego of Ashley. Bruce would need to do something special not just finish 17th.

I cannot comment on him personally though Shearer is his mate so cannot be all bad at that level not just not our level.
    What's all this 17th about?
    That's all I see with some. Oh Ashley wants 17th, it's clear.
    In his 12 years owning the club, how many times have we been 17th?

Forget the relegations. He made sure we got back up on those.

As for Bruce not being a smart exchange for Rafa. Rafa was nothing. He was a defensive, negative man for most of a season and then plays his get out of jail free cards as the season goes on.
    The man took us backwards with his ways. He did and it's as simple as that.

Bruce may not be any answer. He may or may not do well.
    One thing he is doing is doing as good, if not better than Rafa in actually making the squad look better as each game comes.
    He at least looks like he's trying to gel the squad into a competent unit and is doing ok as it stands, on a portion of the fee Rafa was on and will not be asking for a massive rise in wages for doing worse as time goes on like Rafa tried.

I think Bruce is a smart exchange for Rafa. Not exactly the best ideal change but I'd take most managers over Rafa. I think the man is/was on an ego trip and everyone was t blame but him.
    I didn't like the man as a manager but accepted him because I love the club and will go with the flow of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    His official title is Head Coach

He does not manage the players. He has nothing to do with salaries, housing arrangements and transfers incoming or outgoing

You can butter him up anyway you want but he is a million miles away from being Manager.
    Call him what you want. Head coach or whatever. He's manager of the team and coach among his coaches of the team/squad.
    I'm not interested in whether he buys houses and what not.

Steve Bruce is absolutely garbage as a coach. He has been lucky in fluking results v Spuds , Man City , Manure etc , where we conceded upwards of 70% possession and still got points . Luckily the bigger teams get complacent ,fall for our 9 man defence , drop to our level and we snatch points here and there . Man City were awful v us the other day , we have a lucky knack of teams turning in shocking performances against us .
    Luckily Norwich , Watford look gone already so we are battling for 17th with Soton, Villa, Everton and a few others .
    Fatty already thinks we are safe as Bruce Almighty has declared " we won't do much business in the January window" , straight from Ashley's mouth as Bruce has no input on transfers anyway.

Forget the relegations. He made sure we got back up on those.

As for Bruce not being a smart exchange for Rafa. Rafa was nothing. He was a defensive, negative man for most of a season and then plays his get out of jail free cards as the season goes on.
    The man took us backwards with his ways. He did and it's as simple as that.

Bruce may not be any answer. He may or may not do well.
    One thing he is doing is doing as good, if not better than Rafa in actually making the squad look better as each game comes.
    He at least looks like he's trying to gel the squad into a competent unit and is doing ok as it stands, on a portion of the fee Rafa was on and will not be asking for a massive rise in wages for doing worse as time goes on like Rafa tried.

I think Bruce is a smart exchange for Rafa. Not exactly the best ideal change but I'd take most managers over Rafa. I think the man is/was on an ego trip and everyone was t blame but him.
    I didn't like the man as a manager but accepted him because I love the club and will go with the flow of the club.
    "You can say that all you want, it doesn't make it true!"

Bruce has us playing worse...more negative football no matter how much your agenda wishes to ignore this.

I wonder what all the Ashley appologisers will cling to when Bruce's record is not better than last season. ..

Just to explain (as if you didn't already know) it's an expression to indicate that Ashley has no ambition for Newcastle to succeed on the pitch. Of course he would like us to finish in the top 6 but he is making no reasonable effort to make this happen by making the club attractive to players and a manager good enough to have a chance of achieving this.

In essence he would be pleased with 17th every season because it achieves his personal aim which is to make money from the club - a different objective to every real supporter.

He knows exactly what everyone means regards the 17th place quote,he just has to argue like a petulant spoilt child.Ashley could knock down St James Park and make us play on a local field and he would argue it was a good move.I dont know why people bother.
    How a so called Newcastle fan can champion a man that has overseen 2 relegations with his neglect is beyond me.A few of us blocked him because his views are guess what,the views of just about every mackem tramp out there,and that's what he is,100 percent Mackem.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)