+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women Are Strange... . . . .

Women Are Strange... . . . .

Nothing new in that, but they never fail to amaze me.

In the last few years Matron has

1) Had the fitted wardrobes in the main bedroom take out and new one's put in.

2) Had the flooring in the Lounge, Dining Room and hallway removed with new flooring put down.

3) Had the front guttering replaced along with a down pipe with extensive work on the roof.

4) Front and rear outside walls painted.

5) Had shutters made and fitted to front downstairs and upstairs.

6) Had 90% of walls and ceiling's plastered/skimmed and repainted, with an electrician putting in more sockets in every room, along with dimmer switch's.

7) Had 2 new fire's and fireplace's put in Lounge and Dining room

And then she tells me she wants to move House !

I have been asking her to move for the last 8 years, to somewhere near the coast or some quiet village, anywhere really to get out of the rat race which is London, always getting the answer NO.

Her Daughter visited her Aunt in Weeley (a village me and Matron visit regularly near Clacton), she came back saying I think you both should move to Weeley as its quiet, the air is better and its a slower pace of life.

Matron didn't need any more motivation (which p!ssed me off more than a bit), so we are moving and downsizing into a Bungalow.

We found the Bungalow, would you believe it next to Matrons sister, our Home was sold within a few weeks as long as we can complete on January 17 !

So for the last 4 weeks we have been packing box's, I got lost in the loft with years of crap up there which is still half full, been down to the tip that many times you'd think I had shares in the place along with second hand and charity shops.

Still got plenty to do with box's in every room, going to South Africa for a month on 4th January so its a bit of a rush especially around xmas to get things sorted so her Daughter and Sisters can be around to sort things while we are away in the sun.

No wonder most of us keep our ears closed when they talk and take everything with a shovel full of salt.

Ah Alto very shrewd is Matron. All those upgrades/alterations will have added thousands to the value of the house. No wonder you're taking her on a trip to South Africa, I reckon she deserves it. You fellas need a bomb up the proverbial sometimes.
    Have a great trip. By the way my friend tells me that the one place she would go back to visit is S. Africa and she's been to some nice places around the globe. Happy packing and a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post

I have been asking her to move for the last 8 years, to somewhere near the coast or some quiet village, anywhere really to get out of the rat race which is London, always getting the answer NO.

Her Daughter visited her Aunt in Weeley (a village me and Matron visit regularly near Clacton), she came back saying I think you both should move to Weeley as its quiet, the air is better and its a slower pace of life.

Matron didn't need any more motivation (which p!ssed me off more than a bit), so we are moving and downsizing into a Bungalow.
    perhaps there was, a deeper design to those renovations - Alto - but can still understand how you felt your feelings we ignored...but then, perhaps providential that your new home is situated so "near" to family....do you get on well with matrons sis - and more importantly - does the house come with a Shed ?

Finally you are getting out of the hell hole that is London Alto.. Weeley is a lovely place to move to and if ever I'm down there camping agin I will buy you a pint in the local.. Pity I missed you a couple of years ago mate.. Enjoy your new Bungalow ..

Fran, the excuse she always gave for not moving was she wanted to be near her Daughter and Grandchildren, but since her Daughter mentioned it its given her licence, although I think both are maybe regretting it now, Yes Matron deserves good holidays the way she looks after me, this will be our 5th visit and hopefully I will be able to do the Garden Route again as it will be our last visit as we want to go to different Countries.

Yes her sister has the same sense of humour as me so we get on well Norder, her husband is a Musician with various instruments and teachers it in a School, he's a George bar code but we gel well, Matron has already told me I can have a Man cave in the garden so I have been looking at them online with the company Smart.

Yes it would be good to see you Alf, it was a shame we missed each other last time, although it will have to be after all the renovations Matron wants, a loft conversion with bedroom an en suite, getting rid of the dining room so a new bathroom can be put in there to make way for the stairs, a new kitchen, its in a right mess at the moment as nothing has been improved for years with it, but I'll have a big garden to get on with while the work is going on.

Good luck Alto. Sounds like a plan to me!

Could Matron beat this one Alto. We're sat on the settee watching The Two Popes on Netflix, Mrs S falls asleep, nowt unusual, we'd had a big scoff and a bottle of wine. So I freeze the film and start reading the Speccy, she wakes up, and says shall we start watching again, but I say no point, you'll only fall asleep again. 'Hmm', she says, 'I suppose it is one of those films you have to be awake to watch'.

Eh ? WTF, I'm now waiting for her to provide me with a list of films you can watch while you're asleep.

Good luck with the move.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    'Hmm', she says, 'I suppose it is one of those films you have to be awake to watch'.
    Eh ? WTF, I'm now waiting for her to provide me with a list of films you can watch while you're asleep.
    oddly, perhaps I get it....doesn't seem to make sense, but knowing well, the amount of crap there is out there...it does - translated (as I see it)...it means its a film that is actually worth watching, rather than just watching pointlessly...where you may as well be asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

oddly, perhaps I get it....doesn't seem to make sense, but knowing well, the amount of crap there is out there...it does - translated (as I see it)...it means its a film that is actually worth watching, rather than just watching pointlessly...where you may as well be asleep.
    Yeah, you're right Norder, I know what she meant really, it just sounded so funny the way she said it. I'm sure what she meant was you had to be 'wide awake' to follow the dialogue, whereas there are plenty of films where you can doze off for a minute or two and when you wake up, you know you won't have missed anything.

Don't defend then sinkov, we should shuttle the whole tribe of them off to Mars.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)