+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: The Pigs Roll Call And Other Game Related Sh@t

The thing is with the red card, he was always going to be sent off. Going in at that speed with our standard of officials would never result in anything else.

In today's saft-as-sh1te, Wendy-wifey-poooovery that passes for fitba, it's probably a foul.

But really if that's a red card we are as well taking the tents doon and calling it a day.

Let a'body sit at hame playing video game fitba and baking a soufflé.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    The thing is with the red card, he was always going to be sent off. Going in at that speed with our standard of officials would never result in anything else.
    Add into the mix several thousand entitled racism-complicit poor-me victims baying for action in favour of their institutionally-downtrodden, put-upon sporting representatives in the face of a Proddy conspiracy, and it’s a beautiful afternoon for the in-denial green side of the fitba establishment.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    You would rather put McGinn on Frimpong?
    The young loon would have ran McGinn ragged with his pace.
    He tried putting Ferguson out there to curtail Frimpng who has been Celtics best outlet of late

Maybe a better idea would have been to put Gallagher out there

As for a striker on the wing, would you have dropped Cosgrove to accommodate Wilson up front?
    Or played two up front sacrificing a midfielder and giving Celtic more space than they already managed to find. Let them have a free man in the middle of the park?

4-2-3-1 is the best formation we have for playing against Celtic.
    The only other alternative is to play 3-5-2, which we know we struggle with defensively and puts the biggest onus on the wide players to get up and down the pitch all day, which we do not have the quality for either.
    I would rather we weren't man marking the oppositions right back. I would prefer us to play a winger on the wing so that we have an outlet and so that the opposition right back might have to do some defending during the 90 minutes. I would rather have had Ferguson in the centre where he can actually influence the game.

Striker on the wing... nope I wouldn't have dropped Cosgrove to play Wilson up front. I would've played a winger on the wing and had Wilson on the bench. I like Wilson, but he's a pointless signing unless he's going to be played alongside Cosgrove, which he never will be. No point playing him on the wing and asking him to basically be a back up full back.

Formation wise - I probably would have gone 4231 yes, but if the idea was going to be to let them have the ball all the time and just punt it desperately any time we got it, we'd have been as well playing 442 and putting Main up front with Cosgrove to increase the likelihood of someone getting near the punts.

What really annoyed me was McKenna and Lewis after match interview with that dumbo from RedTV - they were talking as if it was a great performance, how Celtic hardly troubled us, none of their shots were threatening, we were composed on the ball, we caused them problems etc. Totally deluded. We got absolutely and utterly overran and it could've been a total embarrassment of a scoreline on another day.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I would rather we weren't man marking the oppositions right back. I would prefer us to play a winger on the wing so that we have an outlet and so that the opposition right back might have to do some defending during the 90 minutes. I would rather have had Ferguson in the centre where he can actually influence the game.

Striker on the wing... nope I wouldn't have dropped Cosgrove to play Wilson up front. I would've played a winger on the wing and had Wilson on the bench. I like Wilson, but he's a pointless signing unless he's going to be played alongside Cosgrove, which he never will be. No point playing him on the wing and asking him to basically be a back up full back.

Formation wise - I probably would have gone 4231 yes, but if the idea was going to be to let them have the ball all the time and just punt it desperately any time we got it, we'd have been as well playing 442 and putting Main up front with Cosgrove to increase the likelihood of someone getting near the punts.

What really annoyed me was McKenna and Lewis after match interview with that dumbo from RedTV - they were talking as if it was a great performance, how Celtic hardly troubled us, none of their shots were threatening, we were composed on the ball, we caused them problems etc. Totally deluded. We got absolutely and utterly overran and it could've been a total embarrassment of a scoreline on another day.
    Its just opinions and all that

Frimpong - Whilst I would rather we didn't have to man mark their right back, the reality is that he has been their best outlet of late and the reality is that we needed to.

Formation - If we had wen't 4-4-2 with Main up front with Cosgrove, then Celtic would have had a barrow load more opportunities than they did have and certainly a lot more on target. It would have been tactical suicide to go with that formation

RedTv afterthoughts - not seen it, but from your paragraph, I can see what they are saying.
    Yes we let them have the ball and yes we restricted this to many shots from outside the box which were off target.
    I get that its frustrating that their quality is much better than ours and their stats bear that fact, but its not like we can even get stuck into them and physically put them off their game as shown by the nonsense of a red card. Football in that regard has regressed in that it's effectively became a non contact sport. Even if you win the ball, if your "endangering" the opponent then you'll have a foul called against you.

P.S. Ajer is a dick, I cannot abide play acting to get a fellow professional sent off.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    16-1 is about right.
    We win once in six**** attempts there at best I’d say.

Edit why the **** is 16 asterisked out?!
    Your account is probably on a watch list now 😂

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Its just opinions and all that

Frimpong - Whilst I would rather we didn't have to man mark their right back, the reality is that he has been their best outlet of late and the reality is that we needed to.

Formation - If we had wen't 4-4-2 with Main up front with Cosgrove, then Celtic would have had a barrow load more opportunities than they did have and certainly a lot more on target. It would have been tactical suicide to go with that formation

RedTv afterthoughts - not seen it, but from your paragraph, I can see what they are saying.
    Yes we let them have the ball and yes we restricted this to many shots from outside the box which were off target.
    I get that its frustrating that their quality is much better than ours and their stats bear that fact, but its not like we can even get stuck into them and physically put them off their game as shown by the nonsense of a red card. Football in that regard has regressed in that it's effectively became a non contact sport. Even if you win the ball, if your "endangering" the opponent then you'll have a foul called against you.

P.S. Ajer is a dick, I cannot abide play acting to get a fellow professional sent off.
    I can see where you're coming from with your points even if I don't agree with them all. If we felt the need to mark their RB, I would've just gone with Gallagher who can run around all day and be a pain. Losing Ferguson's influence in the middle wasn't a good idea.

I've never seen someone more uncomfortable in front of a camera than McKenna and I never feel Lewis has much passion or inspiration about him when he's interviewed, which is reflected in the team most of the time.

My big bug-bear is that we just do the same thing against Celtic every time, and it never works, yet we just keep doing it. Stand off and let superior players do what they want and you will always lose. The only way is to get into them, press them, harass them etc like we did in the comeback against Rangers. Maybe not a great illustration, but if anyone saw Andy Ruiz v Anthony Joshua - the first fight Ruiz just piles into him, puts him under pressure and Joshua can't cope because he isn't used to it. The second fight Ruiz stands back and lets Joshua punch his head off and dance around him all night and gets beaten. We take the latter approach against Celtic every time. I acknowledge what your saying about the referees preventing us from getting stuck in too much. But we could still press them more without lunging into needless challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Maybe not a great illustration, but if anyone saw Andy Ruiz v Anthony Joshua - the first fight Ruiz just piles into him, puts him under pressure and Joshua can't cope because he isn't used to it. The second fight Ruiz stands back and lets Joshua punch his head off and dance around him all night and gets beaten. We take the latter approach against Celtic every time. I acknowledge what your saying about the referees preventing us from getting stuck in too much. But we could still press them more without lunging into needless challenges.
    That second fight, Ruiz was extremely unfit and Joshua was sh!t scared to get close to Ruiz, hence danced around scared of being hit by
    Ruiz.

Seen some stuff made of the shots count.

Maybe worthwhile checking it in all other games at Parkhead. Rangers have conceded 24 in one game.

They are MIL£$ better than everyone else and it’s nothing to do with mentality.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789