+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring on the Morton at Home

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Sow, Pawlett and on today's evidence, McMullan, I'd be happy never to see again. He has to be one of the most frustrating players I've ever watched. He loses possession far too much and doesn't give one **** about it.
    Watson needs to be staright back in on Tuesday at the expense of Reynolds. He's just too ****ing slow and loves a punt far too much.
    Harkes looked lost without Butcher to hold his hand.
    Powers controlled everything around him. He's tidy, distributes the ball well and gets stuck in.
    Appere & Mochrie were both bright sparks when they came on. Impressed with Mochrie in the little time he had. He looks composed and strong on the ball.
    Thank **** for Shankland.

Robbie, learn your ****ing lesson.

And to those who negatively commented on my tombola comment during the week. I'm all ears.
    Just look at the post above yours mate. B4Igo thinks everything is wonderful as usual. Jees after watching that 90 minutes of garbage, I despair...

Quote Originally Posted by arabiain View Post
    Maybe just me but I thought Sow had a decent game today. Very unlucky to have goal chopped off and I thought his touches and lay offs first half were excellent.
    Totally agree thought he was excellent first half. United's best player. As for Pawlett and McMullen when he came on , RUBBISH.

Quote Originally Posted by duke_the_arab View Post
    Totally agree thought he was excellent first half. United's best player. As for Pawlett and McMullen when he came on , RUBBISH.
    I generally like McMullan but he was dreadful today, why did he not get further up the pitch?!

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    I generally like McMullan but he was dreadful today, why did he not get further up the pitch?!
    That's my problem with him what is he a winger or not? Comes inside too often imo and his distribution at times is woeful.
    That's the problem I suppose he has a decent game in 10. Actually wanted him on at half time today.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Sow, Pawlett and on today's evidence, McMullan, I'd be happy never to see again. He has to be one of the most frustrating players I've ever watched. He loses possession far too much and doesn't give one **** about it.
    Watson needs to be staright back in on Tuesday at the expense of Reynolds. He's just too ****ing slow and loves a punt far too much.
    Harkes looked lost without Butcher to hold his hand.
    Powers controlled everything around him. He's tidy, distributes the ball well and gets stuck in.
    Appere & Mochrie were both bright sparks when they came on. Impressed with Mochrie in the little time he had. He looks composed and strong on the ball.
    Thank **** for Shankland.

Robbie, learn your ****ing lesson.

And to those who negatively commented on my tombola comment during the week. I'm all ears.
    A bit harsh on Harkes, it was more a team malaise

Otherwise agree

Can’t believe we played like that and increased the gap by a point

Thought Pawlett was doing well second half once moved central. McMullan was being doubled up on each time. For me Powers was like a man down today, just was not needed especially once we went behind, too slow and sideways with every pass, Mochrie was more impressive, quicker and forward thinking when he came on. Sow's goal from Harkes shot in the first min didn't look offside to me, that not ruled out and we win comfortably

They started time wasting from a few mins in, scored a decent goal but cheap from us which meant they were only ever going to camp in with 11 men behind the ball, they did it to good effect but inevitably tired, we had a few shots blocked that looked to be heading on target, we needed to be quicker and more direct and commit people, we did it a bit near the end of the game and got the equaliser, great save from their keeper to deny McMullan what would've been a peach of a winner

Happy to keep the unbeaten run going though in the end, Arbroath at the weekend will be another tough one if we don't do things quicker.

Onto Tuesday

That's my problem with him what is he a winger or not? Comes inside too often imo and his distribution at times is woeful.
    That's the problem I suppose he has a decent game in 10. Actually wanted him on at half time today.
    Another one in a long line of players who have shown where they are best, but ever get a chance to play there again. Another No10 who is pushed out wide to get him on the park!

Actually forgot Pawlett was on today until he went on 2 direct runs just before burning himself out.

Sadly i can only see the same players being played against Arbroath next week because of the distraction of the cup. And I expect people to be calling for Robbies head again if the result goes against us.

Too many silly posts to highlight on. why dont you guys not just stay away for whats left of this dreadful season. Submit your GF lower ticket to someone who can enjoy the moment. And concentrate on the fine job yous do coaching the under 8,s at riverside ( that no one else wants to do).

Quote Originally Posted by B4 i go View Post
    Too many silly posts to highlight on. why dont you guys not just stay away for whats left of this dreadful season. Submit your GF lower ticket to someone who can enjoy the moment. And concentrate on the fine job yous do coaching the under 8,s at riverside ( that no one else wants to do).
    So when the manager picks the wrong team and the team have an off day we're not allowed to criticise? Sound. Clap on.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Thought Pawlett was doing well second half once moved central. McMullan was being doubled up on each time. For me Powers was like a man down today, just was not needed especially once we went behind, too slow and sideways with every pass, Mochrie was more impressive, quicker and forward thinking when he came on. Sow's goal from Harkes shot in the first min didn't look offside to me, that not ruled out and we win comfortably

They started time wasting from a few mins in, scored a decent goal but cheap from us which meant they were only ever going to camp in with 11 men behind the ball, they did it to good effect but inevitably tired, we had a few shots blocked that looked to be heading on target, we needed to be quicker and more direct and commit people, we did it a bit near the end of the game and got the equaliser, great save from their keeper to deny McMullan what would've been a peach of a winner

Happy to keep the unbeaten run going though in the end, Arbroath at the weekend will be another tough one if we don't do things quicker.

Onto Tuesday
    Pretty good summary of the game Shedka. Was always going to be difficult to break them down when they scored first. If Sow's goal had counted, it may well have been similar to the last Morton game at Tannadice.
    Keeps the unbeaten run going .

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)