+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Politicians and sport

Politicians and sport

Why do politicians always bang on about football (re large gatherings) when it comes to things like the corona virus.

Surely if they were to stop people gathering this would include cinemas, churches, supermarkets, work places, public transport etc etc etc.....never understand why football always gets mentioned 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Why do politicians always bang on about football (re large gatherings) when it comes to things like the corona virus.

Surely if they were to stop people gathering this would include cinemas, churches, supermarkets, work places, public transport etc etc etc.....never understand why football always gets mentioned 1st.
    The more people they can pIss of the better for them

I am more worried about some foreigner coughing on my ferry to Islay and spreading Coronavirus.
    I would ban all tourists coming to the UK from abroad.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I am more worried about some foreigner coughing on my ferry to Islay and spreading Coronavirus.
    Great idea, stop tourism entirely. Then we could do away with the royal family because the money they bring to the 'nation' from tourism is usually a royalist's first counter to any argument suggesting they should be binned.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Great idea, stop tourism entirely. Then we could do away with the royal family because the money they bring to the 'nation' from tourism is usually a royalist's first counter to any argument suggesting they should be binned.
    Just English tourism.

Freeeeedooom

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Just English tourism.

Freeeeedooom
    You're learning fast

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    People travel from all over the world to Islay to stay for a holiday and to take tours at the distilleries on the island. With the current Coronavirus it is likely that it could be brought into the island by one of these foreign visitors. It would only be until it was declared that the epidemic had ended.
    A similar situation happened when there was a typhoid epidemic in Aberdeen in 1964 thanks to the import of a batch of dodgy corned beef from Argentina.

People travel from all over the world to Islay to stay for a holiday and to take tours at the distilleries on the island. With the current Coronavirus it is likely that it could be brought into the island by one of these foreign visitors. It would only be until it was declared that the epidemic had ended.
    A similar situation happened when there was a typhoid epidemic in Aberdeen in 1964 thanks to the import of a batch of dodgy corned beef from Argentina.
    Islay, going back to mackrihanish in August, any other golfing recommendations?

Dunaverty was guid.

It's going to happen Islay, chances are that the virus already has enough of a foot hold to get into most areas as some will carry it without even showing the symptoms; the coughing foreigner might not be the biggest spreader.

No need to do that. Just drink Laphroaig and gargle before you swallow it. Kills the germs dead. Any malt will do but Laphroaig is the closest to TCP in formula.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)