+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Let’s send £14 billion abroad whilst our citizens are drowned out!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    The NHS should also just be free to U.K. Nationals only so every other f ucker pays - like they do in the USA unless your insurance picks up the tab. I would also question those with a certain wealth - why should they get freebies ie NHS, Pension, TV License etc etc when they can easily afford to pay for it! It’s always the have nots who pay for most things and are more generous to charities than the haves!
    The 'fixes' go on and on Al but it needs someone in a position to carry them out doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Whilst some of your points are valid, Labour were appallingly bad, I'm not talking about the RW press in isolation of just one election. The Sun have backed the winner of every UK election for the last 40 years. The RW press have continued this anti-EU rhetoric for over 20 years, which had a major bearing on the Brexit referendum. Theresa May wined and dined Paul Dacre whenever he requested a meeting. The Daily Mail splashed a headline before the 2015 election saying the Ed Miliband's father hated Britain. The vast majority of what they print is propaganda, designed to evoke emotion and feeling which suits their agenda. And millions are manipulated by it.

The media play an important role in influencing the way the public think. And the British media are a wild bunch of cowboys who need regulation.

So yes, I do honestly believe The Sun and the Daily Mail sway election and referendum results.
    Like The Labour Party you're in denial 123.

On Thursday 12 of us were sat around the dinner table and the subject of Boris Johnson came up. Opinions ranged from mine 'got my doubts' to true hatred especially from the ladies. Problem is when I repeatedly asked "so what then was the better alternative" not one had thought vote Labour.

Never mind wishy washy words like sway can you argue with what the the newspaper headline on December 13th should have been

It's The Labour Party Wot Won It but it just so happens they won it for Boris by making themselves unelectable!
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 07-03-2020 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    The NHS should also just be free to U.K. Nationals only so every other f ucker pays - like they do in the USA unless your insurance picks up the tab. I would also question those with a certain wealth - why should they get freebies ie NHS, Pension, TV License etc etc when they can easily afford to pay for it! It’s always the have nots who pay for most things and are more generous to charities than the haves!
    Don't know if you would class me of a certain wealth but I do pay for Private Healthcare so lessoning my burden on the NHS. There are certainly freebies I get Winter Fuel Allowance, Free Prescriptions I can't give back. I've paid for my pension so that's mine.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Don't know if you would class me of a certain wealth but I do pay for Private Healthcare so lessoning my burden on the NHS. There are certainly freebies I get Winter Fuel Allowance, Free Prescriptions I can't give back. I've paid for my pension so that's mine.
    I’m sort of torn by this.

My tax bills have been eye watering at times in the last 23 years so I feel it’s nice to get a bit back.

I don’t want a bus pass and I’d prefer the BBC was a subscription channel but I’m certainly looking forward to a decade from now when I get my pension.

At worst it’ll help get my grand kids into university or rehab!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I’m sort of torn by this.

My tax bills have been eye watering at times in the last 23 years so I feel it’s nice to get a bit back.

I don’t want a bus pass and I’d prefer the BBC was a subscription channel but I’m certainly looking forward to a decade from now when I get my pension.

At worst it’ll help get my grand kids into university or rehab!
    Got notification this week my pension will go up by £3 something a week from April. I am ridiculously happy about the prospect. When it comes to looking after the kids I am definitely a SKI parent with the full backing of all my 3. They have all had plenty of help from mom & dad already!
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 07-03-2020 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Like The Labour Party you're in denial 123.

On Thursday 12 of us were sat around the dinner table and the subject of Boris Johnson came up. Opinions ranged from mine 'got my doubts' to true hatred especially from the ladies. Problem is when I repeatedly asked "so what then was the better alternative" not one had thought vote Labour.

Never mind wishy washy words like sway can you argue with what the the newspaper headline on December 13th should have been

It's The Labour Party Wot Won It but it just so happens they won it for Boris by making themselves unelectable!
    17m people voted to make themselves poorer. And many millions still think its the right thing to do. I'd say that was a powerful example of what years of RW propaganda can do right there..

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    17m people voted to make themselves poorer. And many millions still think its the right thing to do. I'd say that was a powerful example of what years of RW propaganda can do right there..
    here we go again 17 million village idiots,always some cleaver Cnut knows best.

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post

Wrong 68 - he’s not clever but yes he’s a Cnut!

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    A very cutting comment if I may say so..... ?

A very sharp riposte there!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)