+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All EFL Games suspended

All EFL Games suspended

until 4/4/20.
    I think the season will be called off at this rate. Games being played behind closed doors isn't a long-term solution, as smaller clubs would simply go out of business, Barrow would that's for sure. Small clubs rely on match-day revenue 100%.
    I think the Euro's will be moved until next summer, the season will be suspended and brought back later and potentially it will run right up to next season, with pre-season cancelled giving everyone a chance to catch up.

What a logistical nightmare!
    Still, given the situation in Italy, drastic action is obviously needed.
    My best wishes to all regulars and their families. Here's hoping you all stay clear.
    In New Zealand, still only five confirmed cases and two suspected.
    And the first five are all through the illness now.
    It almost seems to be down to when unknown carriers first turned up in a particular country.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    What a logistical nightmare!
    Still, given the situation in Italy, drastic action is obviously needed.
    My best wishes to all regulars and their families. Here's hoping you all stay clear.
    In New Zealand, still only five confirmed cases and two suspected.
    And the first five are all through the illness now.
    It almost seems to be down to when unknown carriers first turned up in a particular country.
    It's got to a pretty serious point here Aucks.
    They are projecting figures like up to 70% of the population of England will get this. It is here, it will spread. And we aren't ontop of it. Boris has spoken, that's that. Up to yesterday I was very much of the opinion that this has been blown out of all proportion by the media and is no worse than any other flu virus that if it reached someone over 70 and had serious underlying medical issues, specifically breathing related issues, then it would have serious consequences. The other countries going into lockdown is new a precautionary measure brought in from previous outbreaks such as SARRS etc. But looking at italy, no cases under 18 at all. Hardly anyone aged between 20-55 affected other than being ill,but making a quick full recovery. The people really affected are all over 70. Most in their 80's.
    But it's not meant to peak here for another 6-8 weeks. When they are projecting up to 70% will have the virus. We all carry it pretty much, its who we pass it on to. And its stupid we haven't gone into lockdown now. Why take and risk.
    Football has taken that swift and quick decision. Simple as that, do not take the risk.
    The consequences in football and its various knock on effects will run into £100's of millions. The aftermath of all this (and personally I think it will all run on to June time all this) woll like you say Aucks, a logistical nightmare!!!!! But STILL no risk is taken. How Boris and his party of idiots haven't taken the same route is incredible.

Like I say, to re-iterate ....I'm not person out cleaning out my local supermarket of bog roll. Nor do I easily buy into what the media are ramping up to 100000. But look at Italy. The statistics aren't good and it's a case of be ready, if you get it, isolate.
    Which normal people will probably abide by. The other 3/4 ,of the population will continue to do stupid things.

I'm off to watch Barrow vrs Wrexham tomorrow. They are still top and still have a massive chance of going up despite losing last week when I went! It was my first first game all season and I clearly have cursed them. But I need football.
    I find it funny how the national league just carries on like normal. Excellent stuff

Champs
    I live just outside Ulverston now.
    Give me a shout when you're watching Barrow

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    Champs
    I live just outside Ulverston now.
    Give me a shout when you're watching Barrow
    Lovely area Champs..We stay at Cartmel every now and then and always visit Ulverston fora walk up to the white tower and a visit to the Buddist chapel..

Sounds like you pass my door Alfi

I see that the Barrow game was off in the end.
    It almost makes it worse that people can have such a mild dose that they don't know they've had it. Obviously, they won't even know to self-isolate.

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    Sounds like you pass my door Alfi
    Thought you lived in Lancaster Sven?

Its getting pretty drastic now isnt it Champs, they are running out of beer/lager in the shops and supermarkets in the Cas & Normy area. What are we going to do now!.

As for the footy season, would we all be bothered right now if it was cancelled and re-started again in August ?. And yes of course Im asking that seriously, while my own team are bottom of the league right now!.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Thought you lived in Lancaster Sven?
    Just moved Alfi.
    Next door to the temple, where the horses are

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)