+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus - Bogroll

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    The government are going to have to step in with some form of legislation. It's no use asking the supermarkets to police it and to restrict bulk buying. They're only interested in one thing, PROFIT.

Agreed but so are the government. Loan after loan today with pay back!!! Mortgage holidays have always been around. Italy and Spain have suspended mortgages and France too with energy bills - that’s called help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    The government are going to have to step in with some form of legislation. It's no use asking the supermarkets to police it and to restrict bulk buying. They're only interested in one thing, PROFIT.
    Let’s hope they do put something in plAce. You cannot do a simple shop for the basics because of the hysteria. Why people cannot deal with this situation as decent spirited human beings is beyond belief.

There is the possibility that its not all panic buying but limiting the amount of times they have to go to the supermarkets.

The bread strike in the 70’s brought the best out of most people.

Queues in Stourbridge outside Wimbush the bakers that I stood in with mum.

Good humour and people had patience.

Not like the “me,me, f king me” generation of nowadays.

They’ll mug a pensioner for a loaf in the weeks to come.

Bloody hoarders......

Where did all the bog rolls go? Aresoles!

If the Government wants a wartime spirit then arrangements should be made to impose ration books, because people will soon not be able to get hold of the very basics such as milk butter eggs etc. Its all very well for some supermarkets to say only 2 items at a time when some will simply buy 2 then go back in every 10 minutes. The elderly will suffer the most whilst most others will have anxiety levels going through the roof.

In 1968 we had the Hong Kong flu pandemic. I was at school and i remember people saying there is a nasty bout of Flu going around. I didn't take any notice, you don't at 13,and i thought flu was like a bad cold. Nobody panicked, life carried on as normal, i went to school, went to the Albion, played with my friends. Yet one million people died worldwide in that pandemic, it was the first outbreak since the 1957 Asian flu pandemic which killed even more. So far Covid 19 has claimed less than ten thousand worldwide and is leveling out in China with 68,000 of the 80,000 who caught it making a recovery. I agree one death is one death too many especially if it is a loved one. But I can't understand all the hysteria.
    These viruses never go away, Swine Flu and Bird Flu are still with us and still take lives, but i think they are not as potent as when they first arrived as a new virus. I have also heard that Covid 19 will peak in the UK around May, and there are hopes that things will be back to normal for the summer. But also that it may return in the Autumn and peak again around Christmas and the New year.
    If this be the case then the season will not start again and the Euros will be put back a year. Next season could also be in doubt if it continues.
    It might be a long time before football and life gets back to normal. There is a chance it never will.
    One hundred years ago after WW1 and the Spanish flu pandemic the world had changed totally from the 1914 one. It might be about to change again.

If you are running out of dried pasta then head along to Amazon, cheap at half the price dont cha think?

https://tinyurl.com/wnd2bsh

BTW i gave up going to the flippin supermarket today to much hassle. Ive got some stale bread and dried dog biscuits somewhere
    Last edited by phild; 18-03-2020 at 04:59 PM.

The connection is quite simple. If you overstock on food...you need more Loo roll.

I am going to try the local farm shops by us. Potatoes, Eggs, fruit and vegetables will keep you going a bit and much healthier than pasta. So many meals you can do with spuds and eggs.
    Mind you we have Rabbits, Ducks, Geese, Pigeons, Pheasants and even deer by us, so we could go self sufficient.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)