+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 50 of 101 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread

Not all bad news, EastEnders has stopped filming and Eurovision has been cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    475 deaths in Italy today but no panic buying there.

So what's up with British people?

The media and Piers Morgan are certainly not helping.
    A friend of mine near Bari would be surprised to hear there is no panic buying in Italy. Her experience is of empty supermarkets and scuffles over what little there is available.

Japan lifting "state of emergency" - BBC news
    Let's hope our government can learn something
    Total coronavirus deaths in Japan currently 32, in UK 104
    Last edited by mikemiller; 19-03-2020 at 08:50 AM.

Everything is a learning point, they’re doing what they think is best with top advice from them in the know.

The Army is also preparing to provide support during the pandemic, with the number of troops in a heightened state of readiness to be doubled to 20,000 and Reserves to be placed on standby to support public services in a new "Covid support force".
    The Ministry of Defence is also planning to put 150 military personnel into training to drive oxygen tankers around the country to support the NHS.
    Last edited by millertop; 19-03-2020 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    A friend of mine near Bari would be surprised to hear there is no panic buying in Italy. Her experience is of empty supermarkets and scuffles over what little there is available.
    Part of the reason is that a lot of people are disregarding government advice and going about their business normally. If you intend to go out shopping as normal every day, there's no need to hoard. The Governor of Lombardy is now threatening that people who do not self isolate will not be treated at hospital if they present with symptoms

More BBC fake news then.

They said there was no panic buying there.

It will be unpopular with some posters for me to make this observation, but I think there was something in what the UK government said when they asserted that bringing controls in too early would simply lead to them being disregarded.

Johnson caught attention with his 'loved ones will die' comment, but people have forgotten it already. It's unsurprising, I suppose - what we are being asked to do is difficult; I had an arrangement to meet some chums for beer tomorrow and it annoyed me to cancel, even though we all knew it made perfect sense to do so.

With panic buying, the fear of missing out kicks in. People who understand that it is stupid see stories of shelves being cleared and so join in for fear of being left to go hungry if they resist the urge.

The next stage in the UK will be enforced lockdowns and travel restrictions. On Twitter, which I foolishly started to use a few weeks ago, some of the same people who complained about government 'inactivity' are now complaining about government 'fascism'. It would be funny under other circumstances.

Stay safe, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    More BBC fake news then.

They said there was no panic buying there.
    In fairness, it may depend which part of Italy they were reporting from. People in the North probably have a better understanding of the Covid reality than those in the South.

That understanding is coming to the people of London soon if they don't start following advice.

It will be unpopular with some posters for me to make this observation, but I think there was something in what the UK government said when they asserted that bringing controls in too early would simply lead to them being disregarded.

Johnson caught attention with his 'loved ones will die' comment, but people have forgotten it already. It's unsurprising, I suppose - what we are being asked to do is difficult; I had an arrangement to meet some chums for beer tomorrow and it annoyed me to cancel, even though we all knew it made perfect sense to do so.

With panic buying, the fear of missing out kicks in. People who understand that it is stupid see stories of shelves being cleared and so join in for fear of being left to go hungry if they resist the urge.

The next stage in the UK will be enforced lockdowns and travel restrictions. On Twitter, which I foolishly started to use a few weeks ago, some of the same people who complained about government 'inactivity' are now complaining about government 'fascism'. It would be funny under other circumstances.

Stay safe, folks.
    Kerr, Im amazed and slightly disappointing you have joined the nutters on twitter and reading their warped views....unless its part of some sort of experiment

Page 50 of 101 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast