+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 101 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (2)

And Amazon prices for face masks from many sellers has quadrupled in the last few weeks
    Now that's something the govt could address

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    We'd certainly be screwed if Jezza was at the helm then - a professional politician.

In reality, Bojo will have no involvement in ordering PPE. That's why the government employs civil servants.

I'm sure there will be plenty of inquiries once this is over and we may get a glimpse of what is actually going on. For the moment, though we are getting one side of the story (from the MSM - the very people you generally slag off). The government is spending a lot of money combating this outbreak and there are plenty of manufacturers and trade organisations that would like a bit of that action. Perhaps you should refelect on that.
    We'd certainly be screwed if Jezza was at the helm then - a professional politician. [/quote]

But he isn't is he ?
    Usual opportunity taken to have a pop at Labour
    Now who's raising Corbyn [not roly eh?]
    No responsibilty for the current position at all
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 29-03-2020 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    And Amazon prices for face masks from many sellers has quadrupled in the last few weeks
    How would they do that?

How would they do that?
    Don't be a pillock all your life have a day off
    How would they do that? perhaps by introducing emergency legislation signalling that such profiteering will not be tolerated or by setting a maximum price for instance or of course we could just let spiv companies run riot
    What's your solution blame labour perhaps?
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 29-03-2020 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    I think it's probably sellers using the Amazon platform doing that and they are working themselves 24/7 to close them down from reports I've seen.

Why does Kerr keep going on about Corbyn? Corbyn is NOT the prime minister (I wish that he was- the NHS might have got some resources that it appears to be badly lacking). Apparently Boris can't be criticised for anything, nor Tory governments' running of the country over the previous MANY years, when we had "near misses" from other virus threats, but didn't organise much health service emergency back-up. Complete smokescreen, even by Kerr's usual appalling standards.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 29-03-2020 at 05:43 PM.

& right on cue Kerr logs off having made some daft comment

We'd certainly be screwed if Jezza was at the helm then - a professional politician.

In reality, Bojo will have no involvement in ordering PPE. That's why the government employs civil servants.

I'm sure there will be plenty of inquiries once this is over and we may get a glimpse of what is actually going on. For the moment, though we are getting one side of the story (from the MSM - the very people you generally slag off). The government is spending a lot of money combating this outbreak and there are plenty of manufacturers and trade organisations that would like a bit of that action. Perhaps you should refelect on that.
    Perhaps you could also reflect on those of us who are still clocking on at work everyday and perhaps have highly emotive opinions as opposed to those who are lucky enough to stay at home with a lap top on their dining table .

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I think it's probably sellers using the Amazon platform doing that and they are working themselves 24/7 to close them down from reports I've seen.
    E bay sellers are also guilty
    Now don't tell me Cam that it can't be stopped
    & who says Amazon are working 24/7 to stop the practice?
    I'll bet it's Amazon saying it

I bought some face masks at £12 / 100. Early doors before things looked like it was going to go tits up , for the family. Not to sell
    Also got dried yeast.
    And loads of nido powder. Before prices went up.
    Next problem will be bins not being emptied.
    Not just the garden waste.
    I reckon 1 - 10 going towards the peak. We are 1.

Page 18 of 101 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast